Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

Weight loss is not happening?

Kfedele
Kfedele
United States
2008/09/25, 05:06 PM
I have been working out every night for about over a month. I have a healthy diet and dont eat much. Although I feel like I am toning up, I have not lost any weight. In fact I have put on 2lbs. Why is this?
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/09/25, 05:43 PM
You probably aren't eating enough then. Have you used a BMR calculator to get an idea of about how many calories you need to be taking in? Your body could be in starvation mode.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/09/26, 07:12 AM
And....a month may not be long enough for your body to kick in and start weight loss if your metabolism was in the tank to start out with. keep exercising, enjoy that you have toned up and the extra energy it gives you and the health benefits.. Then figure out if you are fueling your efforts correctly.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield