Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Post-Pregnancy Belly/Body

ilsmj87
ilsmj87
United States
2008/06/26, 11:21 PM
I am 21 years old and weigh 140 lbs. I had a little girl about 6 months ago. I weighed around 120 when I graduated highschool and slowly started gaining after that. I was 135 lbs when I got pregnant, but I want to get back down to 120 again. 115 would even be great seeing that I am only 5'3. My biggest problem areas are my belly and legs. I was wondering if anyone had any special exercises other than the workout plans on here that may help lose the fat of my stomach and legs?! PLEASE HELP! :)

--------------
Sammi Hart

http://stores.ebay.com/girlygadgets
www.girlygadgets.etsy.com
bigbuggie
bigbuggie
United States
2008/07/08, 02:16 AM
I don't know of any specific workouts but I do know if you want to lose weight dont forget to do Cardio at least 3 times a week. Cardio is something that gets your heart pumping for at least 50 minutes like running, swimming, biking, rollerblading, etc. Your belly will tone up after a while, you did just have a baby! In between the Cardio do the workouts with weights. Good luck
Philia2
Philia2
France
2008/07/25, 12:36 AM
What about baby strolling? Spend time with your baby girl while burning fat and having fun. Try google it and you may find some groups in your neighborhood. :)

--------------
- Nina -Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur. New website: https://nina.courtyardmarket.com
www.free2bmore.com
2009/01/04, 12:14 PM
Yes get a jogging stroller and find some trails. I did Pilates after my son was born and my abs appeared out of now where within a 4-6 weeks. They are very strong now! You'll be amazed....
TTC2
TTC2
United States
2009/01/09, 10:20 AM
I am 8 months post baby. I was 207 when I got preggers- gained 21 lbs with her and then by 4 weeks post baby was back to 207... now I fluctuate between 205-208 what is up with this... I nursed till she was six months old exclusively and she started in semi solids at six months but still nurses "full time" about 6-8 times in a 24 hour period of time. i got my cycle back when she was 3 months old. I currently care for 4 additional kids in my home under the age of 2.5 ( 3 of them are 2) and I have a 10 wk old that I am caring for too along with an 8 yr. old after school child. After working form 7 AM to 6 PM I am beyond exhuasted and too tired to do anything-- I need to do something/eat some kind of way to lose weight... my goal is to lose 50-60 lbs. Any suggestions.:dumbbell:
Lindzhigh
Lindzhigh
United States
2009/01/09, 12:37 PM
Well I have the same story as everyone else! Need to lose the baby fat! I have been on a diet for nine days and lost three pounds by just plain eating less! I make dinner and either eat tuna on lettuce or use a small plate so I can't get so much. It is very hard to cook a good dinner for your husband and then not eat it! I'm currently pushing my will power to the limits b/c I am not eating as much or any of the junk foods I used to love and I have quit smoking! I start my work out plan monday and I am excited b/c I was exercising before but I didn't really know what I was doing and now I have a plan. TTC2 I know how you feel about being so tired. Just start small and eventually you will be able to do more and more.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2009/01/11, 10:18 AM
Look at the WSSC thread for a good fat loss eating plan.

8 months you are still recovering, keep walking, clean up your diet and give your body time to stabilize hormonally.

Eventually your energy levels will be better and you can figure out a way to fit in some workouts, maybe a dvd while the kids nap or some 'me' tim ein the evening when hubby gets home. exercising really will give you new reserves of energy, it is juts hard to believe it and make yourself go do the workouts at first.

--------------
So what? Im still a rockstar, Ive got my rock moves.....

www.physicalfitnet.com/amy4training
bryce.kim
bryce.kim
United States
2009/01/30, 06:22 PM
Hi,
I also have baby belly issues. It's not alot but its still there. I have 2 babies..one is 3 and the other 7 months. I have lost all my baby weight and am 5'2" and weigh 113 pounds. I am do a weight lifting routine 3 times per week and training for a half marathon (running 3 times a week - 7 miles, 4 miles, 4 miles). I eat very clean...egg whites, protein shakes, chicken, turkey, lots of salad, not many carbs at all. Not sure if there is ANYTHING else I can do. After my 1st child I trained and ran a marathon and still had this little bit of mushy belly fat. HELP!
Also, not sure how many calories I should be eating. I eat around 1500 right now.