Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

vibration stuff

fatfit
fatfit
Canada
2008/06/25, 05:20 PM
Hey, i'm new here. Just getting into the fitness routine.
I have some problems with my joints and bones, so i've done some research and found this.. vibration fitness machine thingy. It says that it does the work for you and helps people who have joint problems and injuries. Anyone tried those before? Do they work?
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2008/06/25, 05:40 PM
In my opinion, anything related to fitness that does the work for you, is of no benefit to you. The body has to do the work.
I don't know what problems you have, but any effort of yourself will help.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan (GO HABS GO!)

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/06/26, 10:07 AM
What does this mean? "It says that it does the work for you"
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/06/26, 10:39 AM
Vibration training has been shown to be effective as a form of proprioception in people recovering from an injury, but wouldn't do much as far as "problems with joints and bones".

For it's price though...

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
fatfit
fatfit
Canada
2008/06/26, 11:31 PM
Well, as far as "does the work for you", basically, the website where i've been looking says that the vibration plate makes the muscles work by stimulating them. Basically you increase metabolism and help muscle growth and toning without strain on joints. I can only judge from what the website says, and it sounds pretty cool on it. Just wanted to see if anyone tried this before and what their ideas are...
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2008/06/27, 12:53 AM
Bitting tung!

The topic title has me bitting tung!

Must leave thread now before I get carried away with this one!

--------------
Knock-Um Down & Keep-Um Down!
Pensfan
Pensfan
United States
2008/06/27, 01:26 AM
has me biting my tung to.
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/07/02, 05:45 PM

============
Quoting from fatfit:

Well, as far as "does the work for you", basically, the website where i've been looking says that the vibration plate makes the muscles work by stimulating them. Basically you increase metabolism and help muscle growth and toning without strain on joints. I can only judge from what the website says, and it sounds pretty cool on it. Just wanted to see if anyone tried this before and what their ideas are...
=============

I think that the main idea behind vibration training is that it is constantly destabilizing your muscles as you work out on the plate. So basically your muscles are not just struggling against the weight, but trying to keep stable as well. Right now my gym is trying to sell EVERYONE on vibration training. But If I were you, I'd stick to the basics for now. Save the vibration training for when you plateau.
ChYesman
ChYesman
United States
2008/07/02, 06:28 PM
I have terrible knees and shoulders and I'm only 20 yrs old. I was told to take Osteo Bi-Flex even though I don't have arthiritis and it has done wonders. I can't remember the last time they felt this good. They don't hurt after cardio or lifting anymore and I can come home from work and not take a ton of pain pills.

--------------
Josh Morris
fatfit
fatfit
Canada
2008/07/02, 06:49 PM

============
Quoting from returnofplex:
Save the vibration training for when you plateau.

============
That's actually a great idea.. i guess the whole muscle confusion thing would work well with that...
I'm guessing that any exercise done on the vibration plate would be a lot more effective, since, as you said, your muscles have to work to keep balance. Cool! Thanks for the ideas...