Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Newbie Question Re Work Injury

dagori
dagori
United States
2008/05/07, 04:22 PM
Howdy! I have a Workers Comp injury diagnosed as "tennis elbow" which is just another term for a repetitive action injury, like carpal tunnel. I am having a non-surgical procedure next week, which is my final resort. I used to workout regularly with weights and machines for many years, but find now I am unable to do workout with weights with this injury. If the procedure does not work and I am left with this injury for the rest of my life, what kind of strength training am I going to be able to do? I am interested in strength training, not cardio, and I really, really need to lose weight and develop lean muscle mass. I realize I need to follow my doctor's directions after the procedure, but what can I do for a decent workout for the rest of my life? :)
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/05/07, 04:50 PM
I don't see a reason that you wouldn't be able to do a lot of heavy leg work. You should be able to find ways to do back work as well.

But, why would the procedure not work? I'd take the wait and see approach if I were you. Why plan for the worst before you have to?
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/05/20, 09:42 AM
Tennis Elbow is NOT like Carpal Tuneel Syndrome.

Besides that, if your Dr. diagnosed it using tennis elbow as the technical term (lateral or medial epicondylitis) then that should tell you something.

Don't see an MD for something a physical therapist should be evaluating. Traditional MD's have VERY little musculoskeletal training.

Read this:
http://www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/pro/Message.jsp?f_ix=6&t_ix=932

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2008/05/20, 10:58 AM
The link for non-pro members is:
www.freetrainers.com/FT/jsp/Message.jsp?f_ix=6&t_ix=932

Thanks again Mutt.