Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Beginner - how does this sound?

buckb875
buckb875
United States
2008/04/08, 02:40 AM
Hey I'm new to the site and just starting a real lifestyle change for the first time. I wanted to see what you guys thought of my plan as a beginner. My days are kinda odd since i work 2nd shift and usually dont wake up til about 11 and have to be at work at 1pm. But what i do is take some fruit to work and snack on fruit at work and drink water on every break (which is about 4 different times). It's really hard to get any real meal in at work, but I'm usually not hungry til i get off, so at about 9pm I'll eat a real meal, usually stir fry, boneless white chicken, turkey, ect. Then at about 10:30 I'll warm up and do some cardio, then my strength training. I usually work four different muscles a day. This is also usually when I get in the most water intake. The only thing I'm really worried about is if I'm not eating enough to keep my metabolism up. Any ideas?
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/04/08, 08:28 AM
No way, you need more food. You definitely need to eat something, and something substantial before you start work for the day. Eating 1 meal per day will not keep your metabolism up.

Fruit is good, you can also get some things like peanuts, walnuts, almonds, make a PBJ sandwich, protein bars, protein shakes, etc. for you to eat during work.

Eating a decent sized meal before work, snacking on the above 2-3 times during work, then the meal when you get home is a good start.
buckb875
buckb875
United States
2008/04/08, 02:33 PM
what other meals - before and after work - do you guys suggest besides what i mentioned? thanks in advance.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/04/08, 04:20 PM
Check out the new WSCC challenge post in the "General Exercise " forum. They have a diet thread in there that gives a breakdown of how much you should be eating...

Also, if you look in the "Specific Diet & Nutrition" Forum there are tons of different ideas of foods and what to eat.

Good luck!

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/04/08, 05:30 PM
You need to eat during your workday. it doesn't ahve to be a full out knife and fork meal but something like a sandwich is easy, fruit, nuts, protein bars or shakes. You need to eat something if you want to hit your goals.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2008/04/08, 06:22 PM
Eat something at least every 3-4 hrs which means 4-5 times a day. Like ecle said, you have to eat to boost your metabolism, and HIT YOUR GOALS.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)