Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 38, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

Ready for Battle

7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/09/21, 02:58 PM
I enter the gym as a Warrior of Iron going to war. I know it is so over done on some sites of that image, but in reality to lift the weights like I do and those like me you need that mindset. If I went in thinking that it was ok to miss a rep, or not hit a set just hard enough I would never gain. I am so amazed at some that go in and use the same exercises and weights all the time. They are sheep in a den of wolves.....Move over!

I go to rip that bar off the floor, I go to hoist that bar over head heavier and more each TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

I go to squat that bar with more plates, faster, deeper.

I go to train for a Reason, not because it is the thing to do. ANd lets face it, compared to 15 years ago, it is not fashionable to go lift.

Not me, I love the ratty smelly clothing with bar wear evident on the front. The chalk ground into the bag I use, my clothes. I am an old school mindset. I do not care if the rack is gleaming with chrome.....I would rather have a old black iron pipe rack with dings dents and old sweat coating it. Screw the chrome plated, fancy weights. Give me those old METAL plates, you know the ones with the rust and dents and character!!!!

I want that vibe that something out of the ordinary is about to happen. So what I missed that 415 DL, Hell I will GET IT and MORE soon. But I will punish my self for missing it with more work to nail it next time. Break a freaking sweat folks.....and screw wiping down the seat before during and after each set, cowboy the hell up and lift dammit.

If you are not ready for battle then get the hell out ofmy way. I am here to work Bro not socialize.

--------------
Curl Jockeys, get outta the squat rack!

I wish everyone would get a partial amnesia and never use 'tone' ever again. (thanks Menance)

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/09/21, 02:59 PM
I go to train for a Reason, not because it is the thing to do. ANd lets face it, compared to 15 years ago, it is not fashionable to go lift.
that should say NOW Fashionable to lift

--------------
Curl Jockeys, get outta the squat rack!

I wish everyone would get a partial amnesia and never use 'tone' ever again. (thanks Menance)

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
Pemdas
Pemdas
United States
2007/09/21, 03:08 PM
You would think that all the stupid shit I see in the gym would get old...but I still laugh every time I time go. I laugh until I need a squat rack...then I get mad.
immovablestone
immovablestone
United States
2007/09/21, 03:22 PM
Great post, thankfully the golds I spend the lions share of my time in has an old-school lifters room in the basement that they let us use, full of the old weights and racks, dingy smell, and soundproof walls of cinderblock and dirt with a radio that only gets the rock station.

Only a scant few of us use it, it's from a time before they turned gyms into "Health Clubs" and "Wellness Centers"...

--------------
This is SPARTA!!!
gs24sunshine
gs24sunshine
United States
2007/09/23, 09:39 AM
Sweet post mutt!!!!You would of loved my old gym in Germany from back in my army days!!!
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/09/23, 11:25 AM

============
Quoting from Pemdas:
I laugh until I need a squat rack...then I get mad.
=============

I just about killed a guy when I was planning on doing speed squats yesterday when he told me he had as much right to be there as I did.

He was curling 55lbs.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
Devinm
Devinm
United States
2007/09/24, 10:59 PM
lol

--------------