Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Lungectomy

getnsoft
getnsoft
United States
2007/09/17, 07:53 PM
I've had the upper lobe of my left lung removed. Will the remaining part/piece grow or stretch by doing cardio to hold a larger capacity of air or will it remain the same and my air intake be limited?
2007/09/17, 08:30 PM
That's a doctor question.

--------------
From aboard MV The Shop
Johns Island

Charlie
getnsoft
getnsoft
United States
2007/09/18, 08:07 PM
I hate talking to doctors it requires time to make an appointment. Just thought someone might know I thought I remember hearing that they would. If you don't know don't reply. Thanks
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/09/18, 08:39 PM
Hey now be nice getnsoft! Charlie was being tuthfull no one here that knows anything will advise you with that type of thing....go to a doctor. Even if some one here had the same thing what worked for them may hurt you....ok? thanks!

--------------
Curl Jockeys, get outta the squat rack!

I wish everyone would get a partial amnesia and never use 'tone' ever again. (thanks Menance)

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
2007/09/18, 11:21 PM
I did know that's why I replied.

--------------
From aboard MV The Shop
Johns Island

Charlie
immovablestone
immovablestone
United States
2007/09/19, 08:22 AM
Your best bet if you're going to turn to the internet to figure this out (not the best idea) would be to go to your favorite search engine and just type in lungectomy rehabilitation and look around, there might be a rehab center or medically oriented site that can offer you some info.

The other guys are right though, see your doctor. Hell even give the office a call, they should be able to tell you over the phone.

--------------
This is SPARTA!!!
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2007/09/19, 02:48 PM

Im no rocket scientist, but ive had my share of medical procedures done, im pretty sure ive would've had all my questions answered before i had a chunk of lung removed...

============
Quoting from getnsoft:

I hate talking to doctors it requires time to make an appointment. Just thought someone might know I thought I remember hearing that they would. If you don't know don't reply. Thanks
=============

--------------
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Rabula Tasa- Latin meaning Clean Slate
getnsoft
getnsoft
United States
2007/09/20, 11:47 AM
Hey my apologies for my shortness Charlie, and all. One point though when your talking cancer you don't want to waste allot of time with the small questions. IE: will my lung grow? I did get an answer though thank you. If anyone is interested in the answer: Your remaining lung and a half will compensate over time with exercise. Will I ever get back to 6 minute miles? Some do some don't. As for me I think if I really want it I can. For now I'm satisfied just being able to work out, coach my daughters soccer team and chase my Grand children down. Mutt I wasn't asking for advise on whether to work out or not just general info but I understand in today's I going to sue you cause I can world. Thanks all.
2007/09/20, 12:00 PM
No problem getnsoft. I'm happy you're surviving and thriving. Hope you hang around here a good long time. Welcome to FT.

--------------
From aboard MV The Shop
Johns Island

Charlie
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2007/09/20, 12:14 PM
Glad we all can play together nicely! Getnsoft, with your attitude you will hit 6 minute mile again! GoodLuck

--------------
Curl Jockeys, get outta the squat rack!

I wish everyone would get a partial amnesia and never use 'tone' ever again. (thanks Menance)

7707mutt@freetrainers.com