Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

4wks out from show.i binged.now what??

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/09, 08:43 AM
jannabanana - if you are right on target with your bodyfat for the show, you should be able to get back on track and still be okay - but you need to get control.
Sit down and wriote out your goals for the show - then refocus your mind - 4 weeks is so close - don't get almost there and sabotage yourself and quit.
i am guessing you are scared or nervous about doing the show, and thus it is easier to binge and sabotage your way out of it. You also have to consider that you have been dieting for a long time and it is almost over - it is like kids getting close to summer break in school - the closer it gets, that harder it is to stay focused and not want to skip school and be free.

Get yourself together - supposedly within 3 days your body will have forgotten your binge and moved on. if you are lean enough the binge may actually have kick-started some fat loss again, sometimes we need a big influx of calories to trick our body into releasing fat.

Step up and take control - you have 4 weeks and you probably don't want all your hard work and training to be in vain, right?

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

jannabanana55
jannabanana55
United States
2007/05/08, 11:54 PM
Hey guys
This is really embarassing... but I gotta fess up! I'm 4 weeks out from my first bodybuilding show. I have been nearly perfect on my diet and training. Things are going really well, my results are awesome and I am feeling ready. THEN, out of the blue...I dont know if I was lonely or bored or hungry or just plain tired of the strict plan...but I all of a sudden started overeating. Last night, I overate on 'legal' foods: Chicken and Veggies. But then this morning, the veggies binge kept going. I ate myself sick with pumpkin. THEN I moved on to 'illegal' foods. What is wrong with me?!?!?! I ate bread sprinkled with cinnamon and splenda... 4 slices. Then as I sit here at work, all I can think about is eating the gummy bears that someone has placed so near to me that I can smell them. What is going on?? AND, have I destroyed my chances in this competition? My belly feels so so so bloated, but mostly I feel guilty. I'm really embarassed cause I'm so close to my show and I just cant believe that I've made this huge mistake. I'd been SO under control up to this point. SO I guess this is part confession...and part question. Has anyone else done this? And what will happen to my body? Is this gonna have a big effect on my stage appearance??? AAAUUUUGGGHHHH!!!! Any similar stories or tips would be appreciated. Thanks guys...
Jan
Katumums
Katumums
United States
2007/05/09, 12:20 AM
Hi Jan, I've been learning a ton from this site but I'm still pretty new at this so I can't say whether or not it will affect your chances of competing. I just wanted to say I think you should go easy on yourself. I know I can get real down on myself if I'm trying to eat well and end up binging. But that can be counter productive. From everything I've read, binging tends to come from depriving yourself too much. Obviously there's other factors but I think that's the main one. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, anyone. :) Good luck with everything!
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/05/09, 02:07 PM
There is nothing you can do now other than get strict and see what happens. Fortunately, 4 weeks out is still more than enough time to get in a good carb deplete and prepare properly. You are unlikely to have gained any significant bodyfat, so the bloat should not be lasting.

However, like Amy said, you don't want to ruin things now. While it may have helped this time, you don't want to risk it so close to a show.

--------------
Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2007/05/14, 12:05 PM
Been there...done that! With 4 weeks out you are not destroyed. Look at it as a carb load. Make it your last one though!!! The only advice is the advice I have for myself and other competitors.....either you do it or you don't do it. The cravings will always be there. Its up to you as to how you act on it. You've come this far and by no means is it over for you. Move on and diet hard!

Good luck.

PS- I'm less than 2 weeks out from my show
lafawnduh20
lafawnduh20
United States
2007/05/14, 12:31 PM
I need to loose pounds before my wedding i want to loose about 30lbs any idea..... i don't undertand the plan it didnt give me any info?>?????
jannabanana55
jannabanana55
United States
2007/05/14, 02:07 PM
Wow....thanks guys for the great responses. I am back on track, but I cant get that silly binge outta my head! I'm trying to re-focus and get my head BACK ON STRAIGHT. Thank you Amy for your post. You've slapped me back into reality. You are so right. Have I done ALL this dieting and training for nothing?! NO!! I have worked so hard, and I'm not sure what came over me that day... but maybe you're right and I am just getting that 'almost there!' feeling and started to slack off. Well, it appears that no permanent damage has been done. My body looks better this week, and I'm still on track. SO, I dodged a bullet THIS TIME. But no more binges, I'm taking control! Thank you wrestler and jdelts for your input. I appreciate it SO much. And jdelts - good luck at your show!! :)
Back to reality........... THANK YOU again everyone.
jannabanana
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2007/05/15, 07:39 AM
Good for you:) Now stay on track and kick some a** at your show!

--------------

Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

jannabanana55
jannabanana55
United States
2007/05/23, 01:56 PM
Ha! Yup, will do... only two weeks to go and I'm right where I should be. PHEW!!