Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Mommies-Milk issues?

CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2007/01/31, 11:26 AM
Any of you mommies in here had issues with your milk coming in? I don't think mine ever fully cmae in and now I think I'm drying up.

Anything I can eat besides oatmeal and drinking TONS of water to maybe stop this process? It'll be such a bummer if I was only able to feed Paulie BM for 2 weeks. :(
2007/01/31, 11:28 AM
Have you tried pumping? - that may help stimulate and bring in more milk. Good Luck!!!!
msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2007/01/31, 11:35 AM
Cristal, have you talked to your doctor? I never had a problem with any of my 4 kids. I've heard of mother's not producing enough milk, but never heard of drying up while you're still actively nursing.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2007/01/31, 12:17 PM
I'm sorry cristal...I never had that problem either I could have fed a village...call your doc...I agree with kathy...

keep us posted...

take care mamas...

--------------
"But more than anything, more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold"
My Wish
Rascall Flats
I sing this song to my kids...but I realized..it works for yall too....
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/01/31, 01:37 PM
Cristal, try some of these steps below, I went through this ordeal with my last child, although I think it was caused from a lot of different issues. This is what the doctor told me and it worked. Good luck.

Nurse or pump frequently, like every 1 1/2 to 2 hours during the day and at least every 3 hours at night. Time your feedings from the end of one to the beginning of the next. He said it was preferrable to nurse the baby if you can rather than pump. Allow the baby to nurse on each side until he pulls himself off or falls asleep. Offer both breasts at each feeding, even if it is only for 3-5 minutes on each and rotating back and forth. The more often you nurse, the morse stimulation your breasts will get to reproduce the milk. Avoid bottles and pacifiers during this time allowing the baby to suck which will also make it more frequent for you and stimulate your breasts. Snack often on foods rich in protein and calcium which will help reproduce faster. Also drink enough to satisfy your thirst making sure you are well hydrated.

--------------
Bettia

To be motivated, motivate others!
CristalBelle
CristalBelle
United States
2007/01/31, 02:22 PM
Thanks for the info guys. I have been pumping constantly...every hour to two hours. I'm staying well hydrated, and eating well. We had to supplement formula on day 4 of life with Paul because I wasn't producing enough. I talked to my Dr. today, and he doesn't think my milk ever fully came in, and said that since I am only producing an ounce each pumping between both breasts, that he think's I'll stop producing pretty soon altogether. It makes me sad, but at least he got as much as he did, with all those good antibodies and nutrients.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2007/01/31, 02:33 PM
I'm sorry cristal...I wish now I had nursed mine longer...gave them both a few weeks and was done..I didn't like it at the time..but it's a closeness thats hard to duplicate...but my kids were chubby happy healthy babies...so chin up mamas...

--------------
"But more than anything, more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold"
My Wish
Rascall Flats
I sing this song to my kids...but I realized..it works for yall too....
msmogreen
msmogreen
United States
2007/01/31, 03:08 PM
I'm sorry to hear that, too. I actually did breast feed each of mine for one year each (didn't want anyone to feel ripped off). But I have known of several people who just didn't have enough milk and had to give up. I don't think I've know anyone that never had their milk come in. But you're right...at least he got the colostrom with all the antibodies. That helps.
rilbrianne
rilbrianne
United States
2007/03/22, 01:17 PM
Hello,
I'm new to this site and I know this post is about 2/3 months old but I was afraid I was losing mine as well. My daughter is now 3 months old. I was worried because my chest didn't get sore anymore and didn't feel full but my body was just on cue with baby's demand.

Anyway, I was told that there was something you can buy to help... ends up there is a prescription to help keep your milk supply up. So, I just wanted to post that in case it may be helpful in the future.

GOOD LUCK!
:)