Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

fitness plan with toddler and baby?

Joanna64
Joanna64
United Kingdom
2006/10/04, 09:20 AM
Hi there! I am new and i need to lose weight, as well as eating healthier (not skipping b'fast!) drinking plety of water what sort of exercise plan can i do to fit round being a mum of two? Baby needs feeding lots and toddler that needs alot of my attention, however because i know i am haing no more children i want to get my figure back (well as much as i can!:surprised:)

Any ideas and plans would be great!

Thanks
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/10/04, 05:41 PM
Hi Joanna...I would suggest diung your workout while the baby sleeps and involve the toddler.I used to put both mine in the stroller and head out for walks.What ever you do...have fun!!!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/10/06, 08:15 AM
Kc has good ideas.
Also, don't overdo trying to lose weight while your body is still recovering from having a baby. make sure you are eating a healthy diet, taking a multi-vitamin, getting adequate calcium. Your body is robbed of so much during pregnancy - give it a chance to replenish.

I found that I could usually fit in an exercise video while my daughter napped, the library had a lot of them to choose from. If she wouldn't nap i would put her in the playpen with her favorite toys, where she could see me and do the videos. we also spent a lot of time out walking.

Breakfast is important - make yourself a bowl of oatmeal with skim milk and eat it while you feed the toddler breakfast, baby too if not nursing. When you scramble an egg for your toddler, make extra so you have some, too.

Your being healthy and happy will translate into better mommy for your little ones - be sure to tell yourself that when you feel guilty about taking the time to care for yourself. Otherwise you will get burnt out and cranky.

Good luck!

--------------

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
- Aristotle