Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

After workout snacks

star3334
star3334
United States
2006/10/04, 12:37 AM
What are some snacks that are good after a workout. I workout at night mostly (between 7-10pm) and am searching for a good snack that I wouldnt feel guilty eating before bed. Does anyone have any suggestions???
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2006/10/04, 08:33 AM
protein shake or egg whites and veggie omelet... cottage cheese.

Don't feel guilty eating after a workout - you need to replenish to see changes in your body.

As long as the calories are within your daily allowance, it doesn't matter how late you eat.

--------------

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
- Aristotle
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2006/10/04, 08:34 AM
Cottage cheese (either lowfat or fat free), protein shake with both fast and slow digesting proteins, lean steak or chicken with a sweet potato - the possibilities are almost endless. It really depends of what your goals are.

I noticed this is your first post. Please fill out your profile so we can answer your questions more efficiently. I don't know if your male or female or how old you are. Thanks!

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
Devinm
Devinm
United States
2006/10/21, 02:59 PM
you can have a peanut butter jelly sandwich it supplies the carbs you need and some protein, you should have a protein shake also like jbennett said because it doesnt really supply enough protein.

--------------
Veni,Vidi,Vici.= I came, I saw, I conquered.- Ceasar