Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16613

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Hydroxycut?

GoVols98
GoVols98
United States
2006/06/26, 05:53 PM
I'm 17 years old and I was thinking about starting to take Hydroxycut. I really want to start takeing it, but since one of the WARNINGS on the box is that you need to be 18 to take it I'm not sure if I should take it. I don't want to do anything to harm myself, but I REALLY need something to help me lose that extra fat! So if you know something about this PLEASE tell me! :(
mikencharleston
mikencharleston
United States
2006/06/26, 08:32 PM
This doesn't really answer your question but the way to lose the extra fat is through a good exercise program and a better diet.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2006/06/26, 09:40 PM
Don't do it!
GoVols98
GoVols98
United States
2006/06/26, 10:48 PM
Why should'nt I do it?
mysticgraces
mysticgraces
Canada
2006/06/27, 07:12 AM
Hydroxycut will NOT help you loose the fat..if you read the whole directions,you will see the strict diet and exercise program you have to go on while taking the product..its this diet and exercise that helps you loose the weight NOT the product.

Basically,it contains high amounts of caffeine...and if your body isnt use to that amount of caffiene it can cause heart palpitations,dizziness,high blood pressure, and can lead to more serious side effects
GoVols98
GoVols98
United States
2006/06/27, 03:12 PM
Thanks I think I'll just stick to the diet and exercise
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2006/06/28, 09:27 PM
good choice go...here is a consumer report on Hydroxycut..

Consumer Review: I'm A Former Female Bodybuilder. After Taking Hydroxycut, I Ended Up In The Hospital.
I am a 27 year old female who used to bodybuild for 2 years. After a 5 year break, I was desperate to regain my former physique. Not only had I begun to lift weights, I also continued eating my normal low-fat, healthy diet AND also looked for some 'miracle' supplement I could take to further speed up the fat loss and preserve lean muscle mass.

I was introduced to Hydroxycut through an advertisement for it in Muscle & Fitness magazine. After reading this and seeing the before and after photos of other users, you could definitely say that it had caught my attention. Still skeptical though, I started researching information on the ingredients in Hydroxycut over the net. Everything seemed to be alright and the good reviews outweighed the bad, so, I purchased a bottle and was advised to take the minimum dosage recommended for women - half (2 capsules, 3 times a day).

To be safe, I started on 1 a day and then increased to 2 only ONCE a day. Just taking this small amount was sufficient enough for me. I took it 20 minutes before I went to the gym just so that I could have extra energy whilst training. I found I could lift more, I trained harder and longer and noticeable results were seen after only 2 weeks. Not only was I hyped at the gym, the energy burst lasted throughout the day (for up to 10 hours). I always had to be doing something otherwise I'd start freaking out if I just sat there. There were some nights where I'd wake up suddenly and my heart rate would sky-rocket and I couldn't get back to sleep but it went away after a while.

Things went bad after the 3rd week of use. I decided to go to the gym in the evening which was much later than usual. It was around 6pm and I took 2 Hydroxycut's before I went there. I trained harder than I usually do because I felt more hyped. After lifting certain weights I started to feel lightheaded and my breathing became more rapid. Even so, I continued to do so as I could not just stand there and do nothing. When I got home (around 9pm) I thought the Hydroxycut would of worn off a little by then. It didn't. I then went for a walk for another 1/2 - 45 minutes to try and tire myself out. I came back home and was still buzzing. I went into the bathroom and looked into the mirror. My pupils had shrunk and I was grinding my teeth. I then tried to lie down and force myself to go to sleep. It was a battle and a half but I finally managed to fall into some sort of sleep.

I was in and out of sleep for around 7 hours and then opened my eyes and abruptly sat up in bed. My heart rate had sky-rocketed once again but I felt that this time it was more severe. I felt cold and sweaty, my mouth was extremely dry, I was jittery and when I stood up, I felt as if my legs would give way beneath me. Something was not right and I felt like my heart was going to suddenly stop because it was beating so fast.

I woke my husband (it was 4am) and asked him to drive me to the hospital quickly because I felt like I was dying. Once we got there, they rushed me into a room right away and monitored my heart rate, gave me a blood test and put me on IV and injected me with drugs to slow my heart down and to calm me down. My husband explained to the doctors what I had taken and they said that they had a few cases of people being hospitalized because of the same thing.

Hydroxycut is EPHEDRA-based, it contains ephedrine. This is just another form of amphetamine or what you could call SPEED (or Ma Huang). Not only does it contain speed, it also contains the 'natural' equivalent to caffeine (Guarana). My doctor said that he doesn't even know how Hydroxycut could be made as readily available to the public as it is. It is not even FDA approved!

After I left the hospital this morning and got home, my husband threw out our bottle of Hydroxycut. I am now still trying to recover from the side effects - extreme fatigue and spontaneous bursts of increased heart rate. I advise anybody who is intending to use it to think twice.
Sandy

Response #1
Thank you for your honest report on your bad experience with hydroxycut. BUT, at 27, I've been battling an exponential gain of weight/fat since an ACL tear four years ago. What's an ex-athlete to do? Too much aerobic activity kills my knee. I believe I've tried most. Yes, swimming may be the key but just not for me. This is a call for other bad experiences with hydroxycut. Please send out the message because if you are like me--an educated individual who refuses to get comfortable with being chunky--we are going to try hydroxycut anyway. But if enough of the bad is put out there, perhaps we will reconsider.

Response #2
I would like to say thanks for your submission, Sandy. I have spent several months dieting and exercising like crazy to lose just a little bit of weight. I recently heard about Hydroxycut from Muscle and Fitness Feb'00 and was considering using it to accelerate my weight loss. However now that I've heard what it did to you and that it is not FDA approved, I have reconsidered. A good body is of course great to have, but I am not willing to sacrifice my health in the long run. Thanks for your submission, it helped me make my decision.

Alan

Response #3
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, but I know someone who has tried hydroxycut cut with no problems. I really think it depends on the individual and what's going on with that person's body. I plan on trying it and hopefully it will help me with my weight loss.

Response #4
The reason for your bad experience might have been due to not getting enough water. I am only 15 and I have been taking it for 3 weeks and it has worked great. It made me light-headed at first, then I found out when you are on it you should be consuming at least 1 gallon of water every day.
--Daniel

Response #5
To the fifteen year old: Do your parents know that you're taking this at such a young age? You must be careful. I became addicted to it and did not realize it until later. My local gym was out of product and I was so angry that I practically cried because I had no hydroxycut. Now that's scary.

Response #6
I have read all the above responses and am a little disappointed that people just take this lady's advice. Hydroxycut along with other thermogenics should not be used by anyone under 180 pounds. If a person less than 180 pounds takes the recommended dosages, which are meant for large, usually male bodybuilders, of course you will have problems. Also, no herbal supplement can be FDA approved. The person who was "addicted" to Hydroxycut was only addicted to the caffeine it contains. My experience with the supplement was very good. In conclusion, if people would read up on the things they want to take before they take them they may not have these problems.

Response #7
This is a response to Sandy: I respect you for your bodybuilding experience, but I have been bodybuilding for 3 years and I tried hydroxycut. It's common sense, if you read the label, that you shouldn't take the supplement later at night. It has a caffeine type agent in it. Anyways, hydroxycut worked for me. It gives you energy for a great workout and it allows you to eat whatever you want and not put on fat. It is, after all, a personal choice to try it or not to try it. If you use your common sense, it's more than likely going to work. Always remember, no matter what product comes out, there's always going to be someone that doesn't approve of it. Try it for yourself and find out what everyone is talking about.

Craig

Response #8
Sandy, I was reading your info on the hydroxycut and it brought back painful memories. I too began taking hydroxycut to help "boost" my workout and help burn some extra fat. After a short time of taking the pills (maybe about 2 weeks) I noticed changes, good ones. My tummy was getting flatter, my thighs were a little trimmer, my body was changing! But not for the better. In the evenings my heart would race uncontrollably to the point I thought I was going to pass out.
At first, I thought I was having panic attacks so I went to the doctor. They ran an EKG and determined I had an irregular heart beat (they thought I had a disorder called Wolfe-Parkinson-White). Well, I went through minor heart surgery only to find out my irregular heartbeat was fine and I was born that way. All of the suffering and feelings of death were because of the hydroxycut! PLEASE BE AWARE OF SIGNALS YOUR BODY GIVES YOU! IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCE ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS, STOP TAKING THE HYDROXYCUT! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!

Response #9
I think that most of the bad experiences with hydroxycut may have been caused by latent factors that the hydroxycut magnified. Read the label and follow the direction. Follow common sense, eat right, drink 6 glasses of water a day and listen to your body. My wife weights 104lbs and consumes 4-6 tablets a day, feels great and lost a lot of body fat while maintaining muscle. I weigh 182 and consume 6-9 tablets a day with the same results. I take one day off a week from all supplements to give my body a break. LISTEN to your body people.

The lady who ended up in the hospital had the signs but refused to heed them. Her doctor sounds like an uneducated person on the subject of supplements (not surprising as most doctors are ignorant of supplements and the laws governing them).

Listen to your body, and if you feel sick or highly unusual, stop taking the product. I reduce my dosage when I feel even slightly hyper.

Response #10
There are a lot of interesting reactions to this woman's experience. I am 5'2" and 45 lbs. overweight. I am a 30 year old female planning to try this product. I don't understand the gentleman that says his 104 lbs. wife takes this when she is so light. No matter what, people who are having a hard time like myself losing the weight get caught up in these quick fixes. Everyone must remember, it took some time to fat so it will take awhile to loose it if you want to safely. For impatient people like myself, I am willing to try something at this point. But like the others said, take the pills properly and watch for any danger symptoms. Good luck to all who try this and remember, you can't take those pills forever, so try to learn to change your eating habits and exercise. Even walking helps.

Response #11
I am an athlete that has taken 2 years off due to college work. I've recently found myself overweight and I want something to help get me trimmed for summer. Thanks to all your reviews and comments, I'm going to try hydroxycut--cautiously, and only after I've been working out consistently and vigorously for two weeks straight.
The cases mentioned above that turned out bad seem very similar to the side effects of a product called "cyberblast" which was popular about 6 years ago. I think that some of these people's reactions are to the "Ma Huang" contained in these pills. Some of these cases could possibly be due to the fact that people started taking them too soon, when their bodies were in no shape to handle the supplement.

Thanks again guys and gals,
-Paul

Response #12
Regarding doctors and their knowledge: From my reading of these comments, yes, it's true, you should read the labels and make decisions based on your experience. However, after seeing numerous patients experience these kinds of effects and worse--acute renal failure, respiratory distress, tachycardia, and rhabdomyolysis (MUSCLE breakdown)--I do question how such products can be marketed without supervision.
Yes, they are "dietary supplements" and as such, can not be regulated. However, when the main ingredients are forms of drugs that are regulated, it's a tight rope you are walking with your health (and life) in the balance. "Natural" means nothing. Ricin, digitalis, and opium are natural products that offer many therapeutic benefits, but each can kill unless their use is carefully monitored by a doctor. Doctors are not ignorant about dietary supplements; we just feel that more often than not, the risks outweigh the benefits, and unwarranted use is very likely to occur.

--------------
Bettia.... You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
-Mark Twain

ravenbeauty@freetrainers.com

tyrel
tyrel
United States
2006/07/04, 02:48 PM
Dude I have found awsome results with Hydroxycut ... Caffine is not that bad, 1 days Servings of hydroxycut = 6 cans of pop.
tyrel
tyrel
United States
2006/07/04, 02:57 PM
Not that I drink pop...
snoopy13
snoopy13
Canada
2006/07/04, 06:49 PM
hydroxycut is garbage
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2006/07/05, 05:23 PM
That is why I posted pros and cons of this, all i can say to you as a person who has been down that road, is the best benefits you can get for fat loss are diet and working out with a good multi-vitamin. It is just my personal opinion, but the end choice is up to you. Go asked for opinions and we are giving them. :)

--------------
Bettia.... You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.
-Mark Twain

ravenbeauty@freetrainers.com

shannysmith
shannysmith
United States
2006/07/28, 05:57 PM
what about the new Hydroxycut that is ephedra free? Has anyone tried that yet?
sm6r5hk73j
sm6r5hk73j
United States
2006/09/07, 06:44 PM
How can I lose at least 30lbs. in about 2 months?
SFGiantsMVP
SFGiantsMVP
United States
2006/09/07, 06:52 PM
Surgery, Starvation or illegal drugs.

took me 12 months to shed off 55 pounds!
Elantraa
Elantraa
United States
2006/09/08, 03:34 PM
no. you dont need surgery, starvation will make u lose ur muscle mass and appear fatter, and you dont need illegal drugs. do some research on a healthy diet, follow it to the T, have a balanced exercise regiment, working out your muscles with weights as well as doing cardio and you will change your physique. patiense is all that is neccisary. i knew one guy who lost 45 lbs in 3 months, all naturally. he was overweight before and now looks much healthier. i know someone else who lost 60 lbs in 7 months, looks great now, not only did he lost fat but gained muscle. you cant always go by what the scale tells you, that number is allusive. get your body fat measured by someone that knows what they are doing, do your research, stay disiplined and you can have control over this and get your results, it will have to happen.
brainofPJ
brainofPJ
United States
2006/10/06, 06:06 PM
when i took ephedrine years ago i lost some weight and stayed thin but that's only because it kept me active and moving...but it just didn't feel right. and shortly thereafter, it was pulled from the shelves.
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2006/10/09, 04:32 PM
funny how the 'bad" supplements...the bad reps come from people who over used them....or abused them.

No no supplement is a miracle....

--------------

Get your bicep curling, cut off shirt, matching workout outfit wearing,flexing in mirror "toned" wanna-be ass , out of my squat rack!

People don't reach thier true potental, only those who seek it.
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/10/09, 05:04 PM
I didn't see that Brian here said anywhere that he abused the product...that was me actually...and menace taught me a very good lesson in regards to denouncing any product,that people should be educated about any given product,not to just ban it simply because people are not informed and in turn abuse it...surprised you missed that thread really....
Blitzburgh
Blitzburgh
Canada
2006/10/21, 10:24 PM
I've been on the Ephedra Free Hydroxycut Hardcore for over 4 weeks now. I have noticed ZERO results. This product just keeps me up all night and curbs your hunger. This isn't a miracle drug, nor should you be paying $70.00/bottle.

I am going to finish my last 6 days worth since I paid out the ass for it. When it's done, i'll go 5 weeks without the Hydroxycut Hardcore and see if there's a difference. I'm putting money on no difference.

Go Steelers!
randynator
randynator
United States
2007/06/21, 08:18 PM
hey uhg guy with the question i have used hydroxycut hardcore wich in this one they took out the thing that was bad for your heart and i was in 280 and 15 years old last year and that had to go so i started working out like a madman but with a controlled fitness plan my friend's brother gave me and now i'm on 195 16 years old but i got pretty big and with muscles yes its not magic it dosent matter what you take and how if you do not EXERCISE your not going to loose the fat and get the muscle and people when i read some of these post you seem like retards please get info before trying out something new hellow are you stupid? god! its not imposible it just takes time
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2007/06/22, 12:00 PM
Great post. Thank you.

============
Quoting from randynator:

its not magic it dosent matter what you take and how if you do not EXERCISE your not going to loose the fat and get the muscle and people when i read some of these post you seem like retards please get info before trying out something new hellow are you stupid? god! its not imposible it just takes time
=============
chris121
chris121
United States
2007/07/25, 12:02 PM
hi my name is chris, and i had taken hydroxycut before, and then in june i restarted takeing them, and about 2days ago, i had a panic attack due to use of hydroxycut i experienced something that i wouldnt want to endure again, before this happend i was watching stuff on serial killer on A&e and then i took 1 hydroxycut pill, and then i fell asleep for about 10 min then when i awoke i couldnt bearthe and i felt shaky and my heart was racing out of my chest, i thought i was going crazy i felt like i was a killer myself thats why i liked watching what i was watching i didnt know what to do,so i left work and i went to house and i told my mother what i was feeling and she just told me to calm down, and when i returned to work the next day i felt sick still my heart was still beating fast i ask my friend who work with me to check my blood presure and it was alittle high and i was still shaky and quivering she ask my why i was like this so i told her what happend to me the day before and she told that happend to her cousin about a week ago that she felt crazy after takeing hydroxycut and she had crazy thoughts about killing her baby, so i dont kow.. right now im still shaky and i dont know how long i will recover form this panic attack. im thinking about going to the doctor and then them what happend but im afraid they will think im crazy..
so please give me advice..

sincerly: christine

============
Quoting from ravenbeauty:

good choice go...here is a consumer report on Hydroxycut..

Consumer Review: I'm A Former Female Bodybuilder. After Taking Hydroxycut, I Ended Up In The Hospital.
I am a 27 year old female who used to bodybuild for 2 years. After a 5 year break, I was desperate to regain my former physique. Not only had I begun to lift weights, I also continued eating my normal low-fat, healthy diet AND also looked for some 'miracle' supplement I could take to further speed up the fat loss and preserve lean muscle mass.

I was introduced to Hydroxycut through an advertisement for it in Muscle & Fitness magazine. After reading this and seeing the before and after photos of other users, you could definitely say that it had caught my attention. Still skeptical though, I started researching information on the ingredients in Hydroxycut over the net. Everything seemed to be alright and the good reviews outweighed the bad, so, I purchased a bottle and was advised to take the minimum dosage recommended for women - half (2 capsules, 3 times a day).

To be safe, I started on 1 a day and then increased to 2 only ONCE a day. Just taking this small amount was sufficient enough for me. I took it 20 minutes before I went to the gym just so that I could have extra energy whilst training. I found I could lift more, I trained harder and longer and noticeable results were seen after only 2 weeks. Not only was I hyped at the gym, the energy burst lasted throughout the day (for up to 10 hours). I always had to be doing something otherwise I'd start freaking out if I just sat there. There were some nights where I'd wake up suddenly and my heart rate would sky-rocket and I couldn't get back to sleep but it went away after a while.

Things went bad after the 3rd week of use. I decided to go to the gym in the evening which was much later than usual. It was around 6pm and I took 2 Hydroxycut's before I went there. I trained harder than I usually do because I felt more hyped. After lifting certain weights I started to feel lightheaded and my breathing became more rapid. Even so, I continued to do so as I could not just stand there and do nothing. When I got home (around 9pm) I thought the Hydroxycut would of worn off a little by then. It didn't. I then went for a walk for another 1/2 - 45 minutes to try and tire myself out. I came back home and was still buzzing. I went into the bathroom and looked into the mirror. My pupils had shrunk and I was grinding my teeth. I then tried to lie down and force myself to go to sleep. It was a battle and a half but I finally managed to fall into some sort of sleep.

I was in and out of sleep for around 7 hours and then opened my eyes and abruptly sat up in bed. My heart rate had sky-rocketed once again but I felt that this time it was more severe. I felt cold and sweaty, my mouth was extremely dry, I was jittery and when I stood up, I felt as if my legs would give way beneath me. Something was not right and I felt like my heart was going to suddenly stop because it was beating so fast.

I woke my husband (it was 4am) and asked him to drive me to the hospital quickly because I felt like I was dying. Once we got there, they rushed me into a room right away and monitored my heart rate, gave me a blood test and put me on IV and injected me with drugs to slow my heart down and to calm me down. My husband explained to the doctors what I had taken and they said that they had a few cases of people being hospitalized because of the same thing.

Hydroxycut is EPHEDRA-based, it contains ephedrine. This is just another form of amphetamine or what you could call SPEED (or Ma Huang). Not only does it contain speed, it also contains the 'natural' equivalent to caffeine (Guarana). My doctor said that he doesn't even know how Hydroxycut could be made as readily available to the public as it is. It is not even FDA approved!

After I left the hospital this morning and got home, my husband threw out our bottle of Hydroxycut. I am now still trying to recover from the side effects - extreme fatigue and spontaneous bursts of increased heart rate. I advise anybody who is intending to use it to think twice.
Sandy

Response #1
Thank you for your honest report on your bad experience with hydroxycut. BUT, at 27, I've been battling an exponential gain of weight/fat since an ACL tear four years ago. What's an ex-athlete to do? Too much aerobic activity kills my knee. I believe I've tried most. Yes, swimming may be the key but just not for me. This is a call for other bad experiences with hydroxycut. Please send out the message because if you are like me--an educated individual who refuses to get comfortable with being chunky--we are going to try hydroxycut anyway. But if enough of the bad is put out there, perhaps we will reconsider.

Response #2
I would like to say thanks for your submission, Sandy. I have spent several months dieting and exercising like crazy to lose just a little bit of weight. I recently heard about Hydroxycut from Muscle and Fitness Feb'00 and was considering using it to accelerate my weight loss. However now that I've heard what it did to you and that it is not FDA approved, I have reconsidered. A good body is of course great to have, but I am not willing to sacrifice my health in the long run. Thanks for your submission, it helped me make my decision.

Alan

Response #3
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience, but I know someone who has tried hydroxycut cut with no problems. I really think it depends on the individual and what's going on with that person's body. I plan on trying it and hopefully it will help me with my weight loss.

Response #4
The reason for your bad experience might have been due to not getting enough water. I am only 15 and I have been taking it for 3 weeks and it has worked great. It made me light-headed at first, then I found out when you are on it you should be consuming at least 1 gallon of water every day.
--Daniel

Response #5
To the fifteen year old: Do your parents know that you're taking this at such a young age? You must be careful. I became addicted to it and did not realize it until later. My local gym was out of product and I was so angry that I practically cried because I had no hydroxycut. Now that's scary.

Response #6
I have read all the above responses and am a little disappointed that people just take this lady's advice. Hydroxycut along with other thermogenics should not be used by anyone under 180 pounds. If a person less than 180 pounds takes the recommended dosages, which are meant for large, usually male bodybuilders, of course you will have problems. Also, no herbal supplement can be FDA approved. The person who was "addicted" to Hydroxycut was only addicted to the caffeine it contains. My experience with the supplement was very good. In conclusion, if people would read up on the things they want to take before they take them they may not have these problems.

Response #7
This is a response to Sandy: I respect you for your bodybuilding experience, but I have been bodybuilding for 3 years and I tried hydroxycut. It's common sense, if you read the label, that you shouldn't take the supplement later at night. It has a caffeine type agent in it. Anyways, hydroxycut worked for me. It gives you energy for a great workout and it allows you to eat whatever you want and not put on fat. It is, after all, a personal choice to try it or not to try it. If you use your common sense, it's more than likely going to work. Always remember, no matter what product comes out, there's always going to be someone that doesn't approve of it. Try it for yourself and find out what everyone is talking about.

Craig

Response #8
Sandy, I was reading your info on the hydroxycut and it brought back painful memories. I too began taking hydroxycut to help "boost" my workout and help burn some extra fat. After a short time of taking the pills (maybe about 2 weeks) I noticed changes, good ones. My tummy was getting flatter, my thighs were a little trimmer, my body was changing! But not for the better. In the evenings my heart would race uncontrollably to the point I thought I was going to pass out.
At first, I thought I was having panic attacks so I went to the doctor. They ran an EKG and determined I had an irregular heart beat (they thought I had a disorder called Wolfe-Parkinson-White). Well, I went through minor heart surgery only to find out my irregular heartbeat was fine and I was born that way. All of the suffering and feelings of death were because of the hydroxycut! PLEASE BE AWARE OF SIGNALS YOUR BODY GIVES YOU! IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCE ANY OF THESE SYMPTOMS, STOP TAKING THE HYDROXYCUT! IT'S NOT WORTH IT!

Response #9
I think that most of the bad experiences with hydroxycut may have been caused by latent factors that the hydroxycut magnified. Read the label and follow the direction. Follow common sense, eat right, drink 6 glasses of water a day and listen to your body. My wife weights 104lbs and consumes 4-6 tablets a day, feels great and lost a lot of body fat while maintaining muscle. I weigh 182 and consume 6-9 tablets a day with the same results. I take one day off a week from all supplements to give my body a break. LISTEN to your body people.

The lady who ended up in the hospital had the signs but refused to heed them. Her doctor sounds like an uneducated person on the subject of supplements (not surprising as most doctors are ignorant of supplements and the laws governing them).

Listen to your body, and if you feel sick or highly unusual, stop taking the product. I reduce my dosage when I feel even slightly hyper.

Response #10
There are a lot of interesting reactions to this woman's experience. I am 5'2" and 45 lbs. overweight. I am a 30 year old female planning to try this product. I don't understand the gentleman that says his 104 lbs. wife takes this when she is so light. No matter what, people who are having a hard time like myself losing the weight get caught up in these quick fixes. Everyone must remember, it took some time to fat so it will take awhile to loose it if you want to safely. For impatient people like myself, I am willing to try something at this point. But like the others said, take the pills properly and watch for any danger symptoms. Good luck to all who try this and remember, you can't take those pills forever, so try to learn to change your eating habits and exercise. Even walking helps.

Response #11
I am an athlete that has taken 2 years off due to college work. I've recently found myself overweight and I want something to help get me trimmed for summer. Thanks to all your reviews and comments, I'm going to try hydroxycut--cautiously, and only after I've been working out consistently and vigorously for two weeks straight.
The cases mentioned above that turned out bad seem very similar to the side effects of a product called "cyberblast" which was popular about 6 years ago. I think that some of these people's reactions are to the "Ma Huang" contained in these pills. Some of these cases could possibly be due to the fact that people started taking them too soon, when their bodies were in no shape to handle the supplement.

Thanks again guys and gals,
-Paul

Response #12
Regarding doctors and their knowledge: From my reading of these comments, yes, it's true, you should read the labels and make decisions based on your experience. However, after seeing numerous patients experience these kinds of effects and worse--acute renal failure, respiratory distress, tachycardia, and rhabdomyolysis (MUSCLE breakdown)--I do question how such products can be marketed without supervision.
Yes, they are "dietary supplements" and as such, can not be regulated. However, when the main ingredients are forms of drugs that are regulated, it's a tight rope you are walking with your health (and life) in the balance. "Natural" means nothing. Ricin, digitalis, and opium are natural products that offer many therapeutic benefits, but each can kill unless their use is carefully monitored by a doctor. Doctors are not ignorant about dietary supplements; we just feel that more often than not, the risks outweigh the benefits, and unwarranted use is very likely to occur.

=============
clydedjumper
clydedjumper
United States
2007/08/13, 08:41 PM
when i played football in High School I would take 2 pills before a practice. And yes the jitters would happen and yes I would have a high boost of energy, but i lost almost 25 lbs while playing football and lifting on a regular basis. before hydroxicut, i had not lost weight while doing those activities, but once i started, it was the little boost i needed for the time. once i quit, all the weight came back though, ha. not much of a long lasting thing
Pemdas
Pemdas
United States
2007/08/14, 08:42 AM
Not taking hydroxycut is not the reason you gained the weight back. You eat too much plain and simple, and I imagine it wasn't good food.
vindog
vindog
United States
2007/10/19, 06:48 AM
I took Hydroxycut for three weeks last summer to help me lose a little hard to lose weight I'd been carrying. I am a cyclist. I followed the dose reccommendations to a tee, drinking lots of water. I experienced rapid heartbeat, sleeplessness, moodiness, anxiety, and no weight loss or energy boost. I stopped after three weeks. A month and a half later, during a routine physical, an EKG revealed "Atrial fibrillation"... I'm on blood thinners now and soon I am going to a cardioligist to shock my heart back into a normal rythm. Hydroxycut is unmonitored, and can be a very dangerous product, even fatal....

============
Quoting from ravenbeauty:

That is why I posted pros and cons of this, all i can say to you as a person who has been down that road, is the best benefits you can get for fat loss are diet and working out with a good multi-vitamin. It is just my personal opinion, but the end choice is up to you. Go asked for opinions and we are giving them. :)

=============
cardio01
cardio01
United States
2007/10/20, 07:46 AM
They state that in every product due to legal issues. They don't want to be sued if anything goes wrong, otherwise it should be ok for you to take it. Even your doctor might warn you not to take it because he will be afraid to be sued later for giving you that advice.
Colleece1946
Colleece1946
Georgia
2007/11/06, 02:25 PM
This product boosts your energy and helps you to loose weight.. you will not just loose the weight by just takig the bill you have to be on a diet. This is my second time on this product but i was not faithfull to it.. I just started up again. I am determined this time and hopefully this website will help me. With my diet and particular foods.
irishkido
irishkido
Australia
2008/06/20, 03:45 AM
im an 18 year old male, ive recently looked into using hydroxycut because my mate who happens to be a current body builder told me about it

as to your consumer review it seems like an absolute waste of a post "Not only was I hyped at the gym, the energy burst lasted throughout the day (for up to 10 hours)."
now i may not be the most intelligent of people but id say if i was planning on going to bed at 10 i would NOT! take a 10 hour energy boosting supplement

dont waste peoples time with these stupid consumer reviews
the ex body buildier clearly wasnt smart enough to think about the long lasting energy boosts this product gives and took it at 6 pm if you applied some basic maths 6pm+10 hours of extended energy which wont let you sleep will last until about 4 am......so in answer to the stupid consumer review why the hell did you take it at 6 pm then complain you couldnt sleep? youve dug yourself a hole and you blame the supplement.....your problem was your own doing. this should only be taken by people who really have read up on it and who actually pay attention to what their reading and not listen to stupid consumer reviews like this
jrucker
jrucker
United States
2008/07/30, 03:55 PM

============
Quoting from mysticgraces:

Hydroxycut will NOT help you loose the fat..if you read the whole directions,you will see the strict diet and exercise program you have to go on while taking the product..its this diet and exercise that helps you loose the weight NOT the product.

Basically,it contains high amounts of caffeine...and if your body isnt use to that amount of caffiene it can cause heart palpitations,dizziness,high blood pressure, and can lead to more serious side effects
=============
There is caffeine free hydroxy cut and it works great for me, everyone should look more into these things because your putting the product down but not everyone can take in that much caffeine at once thats why they have caffeine free.
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/07/30, 03:58 PM
jrucker, you sent a personal email to a response that I posted on here over 2 years ago before this caffeine product even came out on the shelf.

Please stay with the thread...

Thanks!

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2008/07/30, 03:59 PM
sorry that was "caffeine free". When sending an email like that, please give a brief description as to what it is referring too.

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
Willow7733
Willow7733
Canada
2009/04/01, 01:47 PM
Hi! I am new to this forum. I have been in good shape most of my life, but developed an inflammatory arthritis, and as a result developed hypothyroidism called hashimoto's thyroiditis. Since then, i have gained around 60 pounds! Not happy with this, I recently bought hydroxycut to help me curb my appetite. It works for me so far...but I am not taking it as instructed on the package. I take ONE pill in the morning with my breakfast. I following the Tony Horton's P90X and eating from their meal plan... which is good and sensible.

I just wanted to put my two cents worth in on this thread. To me, if I were experiencing any negative side effects, I would stop what I am doing and discontinue. It doesn't make sense to me to read that people are experiencing these negative experiences (like that woman in the example) and keep right on exercising through it all? Common sense would tell most people to stop the workout, stop taking the supplement, and go see a doctor!

To those who are in their teens and are thinking of trying this... I wouldn't. First of all, your bodies shouldn't need this "boost". You have youth on your side! Diet and exercise is the only way to take the pounds off. Drink LOTS of water. It is amazing how much that can help you loose weight... and how good it is for you.

These things come with directions, but I always use caution with it... and only take half the dosage they recommend. As soon as you feel something is not right STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING!
Ricknwashdc
Ricknwashdc
United States
2009/05/05, 01:27 PM
I've actually had positive results using Hydroxycut Hardcore (effedra free), losing 30lbs in about a month. Regular Hydroxycut didn't seem to work for me so the employee at GNC recommended the Harcore product. Combined with diet and excercise, this product gives you that extra push to loose the weight quickly and tone up. It's been my bailout to get into swimsuit shape every summer for 4 years. I'm not sure about the health risks involved, however I haven't had any yet. I guess we'll see in 20 years.