Group: Strength & Powerlifting

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 39, Messages: 16459

Discuss the topic of Power lifting, Strength training and Strong Man training!

Join group

adding another leg day to DeFranco

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2006/04/14, 09:38 PM
Howdy, well after reading about Defrancos stuff for a little bit i decided to try it out since it is a modified westside. obviously, being in college, looks mean a lot so i kind of like the rep work to put on some size while also gettin the benefit of ME. Anyway, he only has 3 days for his athletes and mentions other work if needed. i dont have access to sleds (at the moment) so i thought about adding another day. basically it is just another leg day, but it is rep, so today i did reps on parallel squats (no box) just to try it out. then i hit some goodmornings, then GHR, and finished up with some calf work just for shizzles and giggles. (ha) anyway, what do you all think of somethin like this?
also, as if i wasnt pumped up enough today, i talked to the strength coach at school... met him for the first time and i have noticed he uses a WS style so i asked him about it. He told me he has known Louis for a while and that Tate was just in town like a month ago! He also said that i could feel free to work with his athletes... which im kind of excited about since i need the motivation to up my maxes... definite platau right now.

on a side note (another one)... wrestler i think that other dude with the deep squat wins for ugliest face on t-nation. sorry dude haha.
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2006/04/14, 10:02 PM
Dang that's sweet dude. As far as the rep day for legs goes, that sounds good to me. So you're doing the WSFSB template? It works pretty well. I combined it with his sample jumping program. If you decide not to use the rep day, the jumping one compliments it well.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2006/04/15, 12:57 PM
I wouldnt do rep good mornings. Not something I would give an excuse to let form break down.

And you have to admit, it's still a pretty sweet picture. I'm up on my toes sprinting in that pic.
Oh well...

--------------
Iron and chalk.

Pain is only temporary, it is in your mind. If you can still walk, then you can still run.
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2006/04/15, 03:01 PM
I don't think he meant reps on good mornings. I think he just did the squats if I'm not mistaken because DeFranco's program for upper body just has you doin the max reps on one compound movement, and I think his was squats that day. But yeah, I wouldn't mess around with high reps on those or deads.

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

coolnatedawg
coolnatedawg
United States
2006/04/15, 10:17 PM
i was doing them on squats... yea i thought about it and i was like... i dont want a really big lower back so i dont want to do for reps. but i will do for squats cuz that wont matter. its basically doin ME cept repetitions for the 1 main lift...
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2006/04/15, 11:05 PM
Exactly.

--------------
--Vince Lombardi