Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

dumbell flyes

2004/10/25, 09:28 AM
how u guys doing, go the redsox.
Just curious to how everyone does their flyes? whether it be flat, incline or decline. I have noticed the 2 techniques that occur.
hope you can understand what im saying here:

1. holding the dumbells the same as u would a bench press, although bringing the weights together at the end of the pushing up phase.

2. hands by ur side, lift them up sideways, and bringing them forward, as if u were clapping your hands, with a bit of bend in the elbow joint.

hope you guys understand? lol probably not but give it a go. I personally do number 1, although im not too sure if it is right the more and more i think about it, that would be a dumbell press right?
2004/10/25, 10:15 AM
Hi choga. Number 2 is the way I do it. You can look at the exercice by going to health resources, then fitness resources and then click on the chest exercises. There is a written as well as photographic description.

As to incline decline or flat do them all. Not necessarily on the same day but do them all. They hit different parts of the chest.

--------------
I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol

Charlie
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2004/10/25, 04:19 PM
The best way that I can describe it either incline decine or flat is take 2 dumbbells, press them like in a bench press hadns should be facing together. Now bend your arms so that you look like you are hugging a tree and keep that bend through out the reps. I go as deep to the point my triceps and elbows are just below parrell. Hope this hopes.

--------------
LIFT HEAVY! BECOME STRONG, LIKE BULL!

7707mutt@freetrainers.com
bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/10/26, 08:32 PM
and "pull "from the middle of your chest.....

--------------
....I'm probably in my underwear typing this......or maybe not!
arondaballer
arondaballer
United States
2004/10/26, 09:31 PM
and really squeeze at the contraction

--------------
I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle-victorious.
--Vince Lombardi
"Decide what you want, decide what you are willing to exchange for it. Establish your priorities and go to work." H. L. Hunt

bigandrew
bigandrew
United States
2004/10/27, 12:50 PM
or another thing to imagine......squeeze a pencil between/ in, your crease of your pecs.....

--------------
....I'm probably in my underwear typing this......or maybe not!
2004/10/31, 01:58 PM
I love incline flyes where I face DBs to each other and bring them down below parallel and then go up, touching them together....and this is DB flyes...not presses...as some people tend to call their presses- flyes...(sorry lil diversion)...anywayz...my friend does his with DBs at 45degree angles..so it resembles like soemthing in between presses and flyes...and says it really hits his chest...I also recently started doing floor DB flyes...works chest pretty well...Mutt gave a good example of how flyes look;where it's like hugging a tree whereas presses resemble regular bench press, hand position wise...
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/10/31, 04:07 PM
Doing them on a swiss ball is a great option, as you limit your range of motion(keeping arms bent as Mutt suggests) to the "feel" of your elbows against the ball on the down portion. This keeps you from going too far down and placing undo stress on your rotators, a normal source of injury.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
natalie4162
natalie4162
Canada
2005/01/03, 12:00 PM
It's true what they say, You learn something new everyday :big_smile: thanks Charlie I never knew there was a visual and written explanation of exercises in here. I have been going to bodybuilders.com for that.

============
Quoting from charlie826:

Hi choga. Number 2 is the way I do it. You can look at the exercice by going to health resources, then fitness resources and then click on the chest exercises. There is a written as well as photographic description.

As to incline decline or flat do them all. Not necessarily on the same day but do them all. They hit different parts of the chest.

=============