Group: Men's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 252, Messages: 6838

A place for men to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

nut ball

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/10/13, 09:57 PM
My husband seconds that and says you are nucking futs!!!!!

============
Quoting from hecdarec:

I think you guys are all idiots.

=============

--------------
\"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.\" Marcel Proust
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/10/13, 10:09 PM
Why don't you try hockey pucks, don't forget to freeze them first (the pucks)!

============
Quoting from prtydude:

nutball is a big deal where i am from.. we play all the time and sometimes for money at 50 dollars (american) a game....

how hardcore do you guys get when you play? we are trying to make it more hardcore than just a tennis ball...

cool to be here
mike
=============

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
Prtydude
Prtydude
United States
2004/10/14, 08:16 AM
I never heard of ANYTHING like that!! i am in america... nutball capital of the world... and there is no such a thing as the government giving you health! i wouldnt take it from them anyway!

we pay for our health insurance and we pay a lot to the private companies!!!! government health?? what planet is this???

============
Quoting from asimmer:

What???

Granted it isn't the best program, but many countries have government health programs.

I can't figure out where that even came up in the post, must have missed something.

=============
natalie4162
natalie4162
Canada
2004/10/14, 09:41 AM
up until 10 years ago Canada had free health care.It's still 80% free.
jonathanweaver
jonathanweaver
United States
2004/10/14, 11:55 AM
Uh oh! Now we're getting political.
The government health care may work in some countries, but it doesn't work in others. God forbid it should happen here. The US Government will find a way to screw it up. LMAO!!!

My health insurance is free. I don't go to the doctor, and it costs me nothing. LOL Flex Spending Accounts and Major Medical plans are the way to go.

(The preceding was not an endorsed advertisement. The opinions of this poster are exactly that, his opinions, and do not reflect the opinions of this website's owners.)

--------------
I will never grow up, just old.

Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Jonathan
2004/10/14, 12:22 PM
The golball washer story I posted above was from the Darwin award websight. i thought it was appropriate.:big_smile:

--------------
I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol

Charlie
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/10/14, 12:53 PM
Most of Scandinavia has government health care, as do some parts of Europe.

============
Quoting from prtydude:

I never heard of ANYTHING like that!! i am in america... nutball capital of the world... and there is no such a thing as the government giving you health! i wouldnt take it from them anyway!

we pay for our health insurance and we pay a lot to the private companies!!!! government health?? what planet is this???

=============
Keaper
Keaper
United States
2004/10/14, 01:02 PM
That was too funny.....wonder what the next golfer found in the washer?

============
Quoting from charlie826:

The golball washer story I posted above was from the Darwin award websight. i thought it was appropriate.:big_smile:

=============
jonathanweaver
jonathanweaver
United States
2004/10/14, 01:41 PM
Gee... Ever heard of John Kerry and George W. Bush? They are currently fighting over whether or not we should have free government health care in the US. I say, screw it. No insurance, no insurance companies, and lower the effectiveness of frivilous malpractice lawsuits. Then we could afford health care out-of-pocket like in the old days before all of the Heath Care Mafia companies :angry::dumbbell: stepped in and drove the prices sky high. Then out of them grew the Healthcare Mafia Organization, or HMO for short, which limited the places at which you were allowed to get screwed over and raised the prices that much further for the ever-careful cash patient.

Just my $0.02.

============
Quoting from prtydude:

=============

--------------

Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

- Carl Zwanzig

Jonathan
howdiekat
howdiekat
United States
2004/10/14, 01:52 PM
since this has turned into a "bitch about healthcare" thread, i'm going to do a little venting. last week when i pinched the nerve in my neck i desperately needed to go to the doctor, but alas, i can't even afford the CO-PAY for my health insurance. i might as well not have any. on top of that, i have started to develop athsma, complete with "elephant standing on my chest" attacks that hit me while i'm at work. but can i afford to get it checked out? no. what's great is that regardless of which candidate wins the election, nothing about this situation is going to change. healthcare mafia organization is right. :angry:

--------------
i wish you ill, ice-t.

margarine is a liar who announces, "i am butter!"
2004/10/14, 01:55 PM
How much is your co pay, Howdie?? The coverage I have on my employees is 10 or 20 dollars. I may want to raise it.:big_smile:

--------------

Charlie
howdiekat
howdiekat
United States
2004/10/14, 01:57 PM
i pay 100% until i reach a $2700 deductible, after that, it's free. i think it was designed to keep poor people from going to the doctor unless they're dying.

--------------
i wish you ill, ice-t.

margarine is a liar who announces, "i am butter!"
jonathanweaver
jonathanweaver
United States
2004/10/14, 02:03 PM
You are correct, Howdie... The premiums at my job are about $450/paycheck (every 2 weeks). That's freaking ridiculous. Plus, I'd have to pay $25 per visit for the stuff they cover at the doctors they cover. Then, meds are an additional $15/25/40 copay. And this is just for the medical. Dental is $60 and vision is $8/paycheck. Barring some HUGE accident, there's no way I'd spend that much in a year to justify all that premium!

Charlie, Your employees have it good. I don't know how well you pay them in salary and hours, but their benefits sound good from all of your descriptions. Keep up the great employering. lol

--------------

- Carl Zwanzig

Jonathan
jonathanweaver
jonathanweaver
United States
2004/10/14, 02:11 PM
You are correct, Howdie... The premiums at my job are about $450/paycheck (every 2 weeks). That's freaking ridiculous. Plus, I'd have to pay $25 per visit for the stuff they cover at the doctors they cover. Then, meds are an additional $15/25/40 copay. And this is just for the medical. Dental is $60 and vision is $8/paycheck. Barring some HUGE accident, there's no way I'd spend that much in a year to justify all that premium!

Charlie, Your employees have it good. I don't know how well you pay them in salary and hours, but their benefits sound good from all of your descriptions. Keep up the great employering. lol

--------------

- Carl Zwanzig

Jonathan
2004/10/14, 02:14 PM
The shortest term employee I have has been with me 7 years. It takes two for them to be of value to me training wise. I really don't take them lightly byt healthcare has increased a minimum of 25% per year for as long as I remember. For 5 employees I pay $2500 per month. It can't keep going like this.

I do get sick of the polititians playing games and paralizing themselves into inaction due to partisan politics. I would also feel better if I could use colorful language to express my feelings but it'll just get deleted.:angry::angry:

--------------

Charlie
DX14AG
DX14AG
United States
2004/10/14, 03:13 PM
lol I've tried that game
firemansam
firemansam
Australia
2004/10/15, 07:51 AM
Over in Australia we have a government health care plan. You get benefits for going to private insurance but medicare has always done me right and with the amount of time im in hospital for sport or doing dumb things (such as nutball) it goes alright there are still a lot of inequities though that could be easily remedied (so says the 17 year old boy).
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/10/15, 03:39 PM
NHS saved my life.

ps. national health service (free health goverment thing)

--------------
*NOT A TART*

A.D.F.
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/10/16, 10:29 AM
i dont know how you got put in hospital from playing nutball, you need to tone it down a few shades. ive done quite a few dumb things, and i havent been hospitalised once.

--------------
*NOT A TART*

A.D.F.
princesslodgey
princesslodgey
United Kingdom
2004/10/16, 08:34 PM
apart from the time you were dropped on the head as a small child
2004/10/16, 10:04 PM
I think he may have been kicked in the nuts too. Damaged both heads.:big_smile:

--------------

Charlie
firemansam
firemansam
Australia
2004/10/17, 06:18 AM
Im just an idiot, a guy who plays baseball for the Australian under 21 team steped up and i said oh sure ill do it next think i wake up face down on the floor with a big bruise on my nut
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/10/17, 10:53 AM
sure ive been dropped on my head a few times, and kicked in the nuts several, but im still standing. i didnt know australia had a baseball team, so he cant have been that good, lol.

--------------
*NOT A TART*

A.D.F.
firemansam
firemansam
Australia
2004/10/18, 09:15 AM
Angry australian baseballers are headed your way right about now. It aint that big but he still throws hard, I play for the australian american football team so i cant really talk
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/10/19, 01:04 PM
what are you doin playing american footbal man? get out and play rugby .

--------------
*NOT A TART*

A.D.F.
Prtydude
Prtydude
United States
2004/10/22, 08:17 AM
sorry about the insurance thing i just never heard of the govt paying her ein america.

as for nutball, it seems yoiu guys play standung... we play sitting down....

has anyone else here ever passed out or came close playing nutball?
firemansam
firemansam
Australia
2004/10/23, 07:14 AM
i play rugby to league and union and i row and wakeboard and bmx and play soccer and im picking up lacrosse and i rock climb most weekends, american football is insane the hitting is so much bigger.
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/10/23, 09:39 AM
ok, you win.

--------------
*NOT A TART*

A.D.F.
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages