Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Creatine Cycling

wasntMe
wasntMe
Canada
2004/08/03, 02:50 PM
I read a bunch of reviews on Creatine and all of them recommend to take it in month on month off cycles because its new. Just curious if u guys do it? and if you do, do u really get significantly greater gains after a break from it or the gains are just more visible with creatine then without it?
2004/08/03, 03:43 PM
I cycle it, but not on any regular schedule. It doesn't seem to make much of a difference for my gains; it's usually about 3-4 lbs of water weight each time, which I lose once I stop taking it.

--------------
OSU Law Rugby....specializing in personal injury and pain & suffering.
puresnowchic
puresnowchic
United States
2004/08/03, 05:16 PM
wasntMe: what's up ~ even though I'm a chic I can tell you that I used to cycle it 1 month on, 1 off, and it really worked well for me... I didn't gain hardly any water but my weight increase went up way more than when i'm not on it... you have to look at it like stairs; first you go way up when your on it, then stay the same while your off, then up, then stay the same... A lot of people I talk to SAY they don't like it cuz they lose afterwards but I never did... it was more like my tendons and ligaments were catching up to my muscles...
wasntMe
wasntMe
Canada
2004/08/04, 09:07 AM
Thanks for replying mzakal and snowchic, i usually lose the those 2-4 lbs of water weight just by playing soccer on weekends and dont lose any when i stop taking it.

did u guys ever try not cycling it and just taking it for few months to see if ur gains would stop? that way u'll get a ramp increase instead of the stairs increase.
2004/08/04, 09:40 AM
I've taken it for about 6 months at a time before, and made consistent gains throughout. If I ever plateaued, it was normally because of my diet or routine and not the creatine.

--------------
wasntMe
wasntMe
Canada
2004/08/04, 09:58 AM
so there is no really point in cycling it for greater gain? its just the health reasons that ur body might stop producing its own creatine that people cycle it for?
2004/08/04, 10:33 AM
It's a debatable issue. Some people swear by cycling creatine, and others dismiss it completely. Either way you won't mess up your system or "shut down" production as happens with hormones and roids. Try it both ways and see which works best for you.

--------------
wasntMe
wasntMe
Canada
2004/08/04, 11:27 AM
Everything is debatable, and theres just no time to try everything out. what other suppluments do u use besides creatine, do u cycle anything else?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/08/04, 02:52 PM
Cycling is not necessary, but if you choose, you do not have to get off of it. Just reload while still on maintenance periodically, this will work well. Creatine will not hurt you, it is naturally produced by our bodies all our lives, just diminshes as we grow older. Thus the need for supplementation.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
wasntMe
wasntMe
Canada
2004/08/04, 03:51 PM
The whole loading seems to be a marketing gimic, some manager brainiac knows that creatine produces effects but whats to make more money decided that if people see results by taking more, they will take more for longer periods of time thus buying more creatine.

He probably heard about bodybuilding plateaus while watching some infomertial and decided to suggest that excess creatine will help you pass it.

Then again im new to this, haha educate me, oh ya are there any more suppluments out there that you have to load and cycle?
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/08/05, 08:30 AM
The loading phase is not essential, but is the much better option. True, you may be using more at the beginning, but you will see your results in a much quicker time. If you don't load, you will still at some point get your muscles saturated, but how long will it take, and how much more will you use to accomplish this, and let alone see results? The loading phase is time proven. Remember, the purpose of creatine....it simply provides our muscles with more energy(which our system produces naturally, just less of over time as we age).So, what does more energy mean? Our muscles can contract harder therefore our body must adapt to more stress and trauma that we put it through. To accomplish this quicker in the long run, loading is advisable.

============
Quoting from wasntMe:

The whole loading seems to be a marketing gimic, some manager brainiac knows that creatine produces effects but whats to make more money decided that if people see results by taking more, they will take more for longer periods of time thus buying more creatine.

He probably heard about bodybuilding plateaus while watching some infomertial and decided to suggest that excess creatine will help you pass it.

Then again im new to this, haha educate me, oh ya are there any more suppluments out there that you have to load and cycle?
=============

--------------

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
davisp
davisp
United States
2004/08/05, 12:07 PM
bb1fit,

Something I noticed about the creatine I have (Micronized, monohydrate, with creapure stamp), it does not have the directions for the loading phase on it. What is the usual load for creatine?

--------------
Seeking out motivation does not motivate you to seek out results.

- Paul

Post mark - PaulsMark - Post mark
2004/08/05, 12:14 PM
Paul my tub says to load with 20g per day for 4 to 5 days. I use about 7g per day during usage. I usually do half 20 minutes before the workout and half 20 minites after. I've read here where people use as much as 10g per day.

--------------
Waterskis with buffalos

Charlie
wasntMe
wasntMe
Canada
2004/08/05, 02:35 PM
davis and charlie do you cycle creatine or not? if so do u see greater gains from cycling it?

my tub says 20g load and 10 gram maintenance. but i read something about .05g per lb for mainenance and .1 per lb for load, how would they figure that if taller people have more bone mass then shorter heavier people.

--------------
=====================================
Pain is a Sensation, Sensations are meant to be Enjoyed.
2004/08/05, 02:53 PM
I cycle about every 8 weeks for 2 weeks.I don't know why.. But like BB1 says cycling isn't necessary. Find out what works best for you.

--------------
Waterskis with buffalos

Charlie
wasntMe
wasntMe
Canada
2004/08/05, 03:09 PM
ok thanks charlie,

i have another question, i asked it at a different place but noone answered, do most protein suppluments come with amino acids? i just noticed that my prolab proWhey does.

and how important is amino acid supplumentation to muscle building? not sure if you guys covered this topic or not yet.

--------------
2004/08/05, 03:30 PM
Wasnt, IM carivan or BB1. I think all protein contains amino acids. I don't want to know some things. Too many facts hurt the geezer mind. I just know what has worked for me. As J delts say shut up and grow!!!!!:big_smile: Just kidding but I long since quit trying to understan every nut and bolt.

--------------
Waterskis with buffalos

Charlie
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/08/06, 08:36 AM
I got the IM, and replied.

--------------

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
wasntMe
wasntMe
Canada
2004/08/06, 08:59 AM
thanks bb

--------------
davisp
davisp
United States
2004/08/07, 11:08 PM
wasntMe, No I don't cycle. I just re-load whenever I hit a plateau. Pretty much exactly how bb1 explained it.

--------------
Seeking out motivation does not motivate you to seek out results.

- Paul

Post mark - PaulsMark - Post mark
pepsi9797
pepsi9797
United Kingdom
2004/09/02, 09:46 AM
i use creatine every day, 3 times a day; yet absolutely nothing is happening. im not getting ill, but im not getting bigger
pimple
pimple
United States
2004/09/02, 05:00 PM
are you working out?

--------------
:: http://www.mvhsbreakers.com ::
Anvil565
Anvil565
United States
2004/09/06, 05:00 PM
ive read somewhere that there isnt any need to cycle it, but i dont use it anyways, i want to get my gains by earing it myself on a diet and hard work, not by usuing designer steroids like creatine, its not harmful like sterioids but it does the same thing, id rather earn my muscle myself not just take creatine and lift to get bigger, where are the morals anymore?? stop relying on designer drugs to help make you bigger and jsut belive in yourself and do it yourself.
jayvee151
jayvee151
United Kingdom
2006/08/18, 03:06 PM
old post dude