Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 21, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

New Challenge Diet

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/05/31, 09:26 PM
Here we go!!! Some odd food choices right now because I am trying to clean out the fridge before we go up north next weekend...

My new calorie goal is 2700, with a 50/30/20 split.
8 AM : 1/2c oatmeal (dry measure) , 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 cup water, 1/2 tbsp Atkins' syrup (sweetened with sucralose) 1 scoop ON vanilla whey protein powder,
1 egg&6 whites, scrambled with cooking spray. Salt & pepper.
Large cup of coffee w/spoonful of splenda

Worked out (10 to 10:05)
10:15 - 2 1/3 scoops On vanilla whey, 4.4 tbsp maltodextrin, 1 3/4 tbsp dextrose with a quart of water, drank 1/2, sipped the rest until 11:15

12:00PM: 5 oz 80/20 ground beef (using up food in fridge, will get extra lean beef next week),
2 cups broccoli/cauliflower mix with seasoned salt and 1 Tbsp flax oil (Udo’s perfect blend)
1 Tbsp Atkins’ ketchup
Ms. Power pack, creatine

3:00PM : leftover pork (about 3 oz), 1/4 c leftover refried beans, 1 cup lettuce mixed with pico de gallo, 1/2c rice. (Again, not ideal, using up leftovers in fridge)

4PM - 10 almonds, Large cup of coffee w/spoonful of Splenda

6:30 5 oz 80/20 beef, 1 1/2 cup lettuce mix with clove of garlic and salt, pepper,
1/2 + 1 tbsp refried low-fat black beans with lime juice, 1/4 cup green beans.
tsp creatine and tsp glutamine

8 PM ZMA

9PM 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 TBSP natural peanut butter, 2 stalks celery

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/05/31, 09:27 PM
OOPS, I wokred out from (:10 - 10:05, not from 10 - 10:05 :)

--------------
YodelingAdam
YodelingAdam
United States
2004/05/31, 10:14 PM
Hey asimmer, I'm just wondering what your techniques are for tabulating your calories. First off, do you keep a notepad with you all day and simply write down what you eat? Also, how do you look up the calorie content of the foods that do not have a nutrition label on them (ie: fruit etc)? Do you plan out all the food you're gonna eat for the entire day or do you scrounge for food each time you eat that meets your calorie requirement for that meal?

If you could help me out with this, that would be awesome. I can count calories for 4-5 days and then something will happen which will screw up everything. Either I get lazy or I go out to eat, partying, whatever. Then it takes me forever to get back to it and I know I just gotta do it and stop whining, but I figured if I found a technique that a bodybuilder uses that I could use...I could stick with it.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/06/01, 08:27 AM
hankmeister - I have a book called the book of food counts, I picked it up at 1/2 price books, cheap. It has everything in it. Fruits and vegetables are often listed by diameter or weight. i have a small food scale that i bought at the nutrition store 9about 7 bucks), I use it pretty religisously to measure my meats, etc.
I also write down label info and figure out my serving size/what it contains and write it in my food journal for future reference.

I do try to plan my next days meals ahead of time, so there is no scrounging or reason to eat something i shouldn't. Planning ahead also gives me a sense of control and reminds me of my goals and what I need to do to get there.

I write down everything I eat, sometimes I will track all the calories, carbs, fat, protein. Depends on if i am eating things that i know the content of or not.

It helps to sit down and write out your diet - how many calories, how many carbs, how much fat, how much protein. Then divide it into the amounts you need for your 5-7 meals. Then figure out what foods fill those meal erquirements and make some menu plans - i have at least 2 full days written out into meals/amounts, etc in a notebook. That way i can look at it and know exactly what i can eat.

Of course, if you don't keep the foods you need in the fridge and prepared, you can't eat them whether they are on a list or not.

Bodybuilders spend a lot of time on food preparation and planning because they know how important it is.
Once it becomes a habit, it isn't so time consuming or tiresome.

'Fail to plan and you plan to fail'

--------------
YodelingAdam
YodelingAdam
United States
2004/06/01, 10:31 AM
Thanks alot!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/06/01, 09:02 PM
6/01/2004 Tuesday

6:30 AM : 1 egg, 6 whites, salt pepper
1/2c dry oatmeal, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 c water, 1 scoop ON whey, 1 1/2 tsp Atkins’ syrup
2 large cups coffee with splenda

8:45-9:15 walked dog

9: 15 - tsp creatine, tsp glutamine

9:30 - 2 stalks celery, 5 oz chicken breast w/ a little mushroom sauce (homemade, low sodium chicken soup and portabella mushrooms, but hardly any on the chicken anymore), 1/3 c hummus Ms Power Pak

Hummus ingredients: chickpeas, filtered water, sesame tahini, canola oil, spices, citric acid, sodium citrate, natural flavor, sea salt, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate.

In 1/3 cup of hummus:
133 calories
7.98g fat 0 saturated fat 0 cholesterol
10.64g CHO 2.66g fiber
5.32g protein

1:00 : 2 slices Wasa crispbread, 2 tsp peanut butter
2 cups broccoli/cauliflower mix, 5 oz chicken leg meat with small amt coconut milk (leftover homemade Indonesian chicken, no sugar, just coconut milk and spices)
Wasa crispbread: whole grain oat flour, wheat flour rye flour, oat flake, yeast, skim milk powder, natural flavor, canola & palm oil, baking soda, mono & diglycerides, sea salt.

2 slices Wasa Oat crispbread:
100 calories
1g fat 0 cholesterol 160mg sodium
20g CHO 2g fiber
4g protein

4:45 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1 scoop On whey, splenda, cinnamon, 1 egg& 6 whites

6:10 - shoulders and abs (sort of..)

7:30 PWO shake - 42 oz water, 4.4tbsp maltodextrin, 1 3/4tbsp dextrose, 2 1/3 scoops On whey. Poured half into a shaker, added 1 tsp creatine and 1 tsp glutamine, drank it, poured other half in, sipping it now.

At 9:00 I will have: 5oz beef and 2 cups broccoli/cauliflower with 1 tbsp flax.
At 9:30 I will have my ZMA and crash!!!!!!!!

--------------
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/06/02, 10:11 PM
6/02/2004

Slept in a little - didn’t sleep well last night.

7:20 Am 1/2c oatmeal, cinnamon, splenda, a little Atkin’s syrup, 1 egg & 6 whites. Coffe w/splenda

11:20 (a little late, out running errands) 2 c broccoli & zucchini, 3 oz chicken, 2 shrimp, 1/2c tofu, 3/4 rice, tbsp soy sauce

Mowed the lawn...

2:00 creatine and glutamine, crystal lite

2:30 1/2 c kidney beans, 1/4 c red onion, 1 tbsp atkins catsup, cayenne pepper and cilantro (cooked together, pretty tasty) and 5 oz beef.

Worked out 4:15 - 5:15ish

5:30 PWO shake, same as other days, added a little salt (per bbfit’s recommendation) and drank 1/2 with creatine/glutamine added, then sipped second half.

7:00PM 6 oz sirloin steak, small baked potato w/butter :) 1c salad greens, TBSP flax oil

8:15 ZMA

9:15 sugarfree fat free pistachio pudding made with 1 cup milk, 1 scoop ON whey and 10 almonds.

--------------
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/06/04, 08:17 AM
6/03/2004

6:30 am - 1 egg, 2 whites, 3 oz turkey, 1/2c oats, cinnamon, 1 scoop ON whey, 1/2 tbsp Atkin’s syrup
Coffee with splenda

Walked the dog for 40 minutes

10:30 tsp olive oil, 1/2c kidney beans, 1/2c red onion, 5oz ground turkey, 1/2 packet white chicken chili seasoning, 2 tbsp sour cream
Ms Power pak

2:00pm - 1/2c rice, 1/2c black beans, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 c broccoli slaw, curry powder (HOT!)

2:40 - home again and still hungry, can of tuna and 1/2 tbsp canola mayo
Diet code red mt dew (never had one before! Was craving sweets, wow!)

Diet cherry coke

6:15 - 2 ounces tortilla chips, 1/4c salsa, grilled chicken salad with avocado, pico de gallo, soft cheese and greens.

8:15 creatine, glutamine

8:45 1 carrot, 1 medium cucumber, 1 can tuna with 1/2 Tbsp flax oil , salt & pepper

9:30 ZMA

--------------
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/06/04, 06:52 PM
Add some protein to your 2:00 meal!

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/06/04, 09:05 PM
I know - I was at my sister's house and she literally had no protein there!!! That is why I ate the tuna when I got home. Glad to see you are checking in on me :)

Today:

6/04/04 FRIDAY!!!!!!

Busy day, running errands getting ready to leave town. Still - though my meals got spaced out a bit, it was because I wanted to eat at home and eat what I was supposed to. :)

6:30 am - 1/2c oatmeal, 2 scoops ON whey, 1/2 tbsp Atkin’s syrup, coffee with splenda

10:30am - 1/2c oatmeal, 2 scoops ON whey, cinnamon, Ms power pak, coffee w/blue packet stuff.

1:30 5 oz lean ground turkey, 1/2c beans, 1c tomatoes, 1/2 packet chili seasoning, 2 tbsp sour cream
creatine, glutamine

Crystal light

5:45 5oz chicken breast, 2 cups lettuce, 1/2 large cucumber, 1/2tbsp flax oil, 1 1/2 tsp light ranch

6:30 - 7:30 workout!

7:45 PWO shake, creatine glutamine

Before bed i will take my ZMA, and if I am up late enough I will eat some cottage cheese and celery!

--------------
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/06/15, 07:27 PM
Been sick forever - finally feeling better today, stil hacking up junk. Getting back on track, still not eating enough, but today was better:

7:30am 1egg+1egg white, 2 slices lean turkey ham, 1 small slice rye bread with smart beat. Coffee w/splenda

10:30 3 oz pork, 3/4c brown rice 1/2 medium cucumber, hot salt.

1:30 post workout shake, creatine and glutamine

5:30 (late, but a client showed up at 3;45 when I was going to eat, oops)
Tilapia fillet, 2/3c brown rice, 2 cups broccoli, 1/2 tbsp olive oil, hot salt Ms Power Pak

At 9:00 I will have 1/2c cottage cheese and 2 tbsp flax seeds before going to bed!

--------------

I\'m not lazy, I\'m energetically challenged.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/06/17, 08:49 AM
OKay - Wednesday's Food:
Still sick, but feeling better each day ;)

6:30 am - 1/2c oatmeal, 2 scoops protein powder, tbsp Atkin's syrup. Coffee with Splenda.

9:30 3oz pork, 1/2c brown rice, 1 medium cucumber, 1/2 tbsp Udo's oil, Ms Power pak

12:15 1 egg, 3whites, 5 oz lean turkey ham, 1 slice american cheese, 2c spinach

4:00 4 oz pork, 1/4c almonds, 2 sugar free jello cups, 2 stalks celery and 1/4c hummus.

7:15 PWO shake, creatine, glutamine

8:45 1/2c cottage cheese, 1/3c southwestern salsa, 1 oz tortilla chips (instead of BEER!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry:)

For some reason last night I was really having a hard time feeling like eating right, not having a light beer. When i woke up fresh and not-having-cheated this morning, I felt tons better and I am glad I didn't give in.:cool:

--------------

I\'m not lazy, I\'m energetically challenged.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/06/17, 09:10 AM
Okay, I have found motivation and inspiration - Davedraper.com and anjalanger.com!!!!! I am hyped!:big_smile:

--------------

\"Inscribe this on the charm that dangles from your navel, girls. Guys, tattoo this on your biceps:

Building muscle and might builds strong minds and character. Respect and humility come from lifting weights and feeding yourself with care. And from these distinguished qualities a great nation of people is built, by God. (Of course the God part is your choice, friend.)\" Dave Draper

Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2004/06/28, 09:50 PM
Great sites, asimmer, I can see the motivation factor!

--------------
Veda
MISERY IS OPTIONAL
***When you are up to your ears in trouble, try using the part that is not submerged.
***The difference between a dream and a goal is a plan.

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/06/28, 10:59 PM
Okayy.. been a little off-track, but getting back on...

Breakfast - oatmeal/egg white pankcake and part of an omelette with cheese and bacon (the horror!)

Some nuts

A burrito (not good)

pork loin and sweet potato, roasted

pwo shake

maybe before bed I will eat if I am hungry...

Feeling better and getting better....

--------------

\"Inscribe this on the charm that dangles from your navel, girls. Guys, tattoo this on your biceps:

Building muscle and might builds strong minds and character. Respect and humility come from lifting weights and feeding yourself with care. And from these distinguished qualities a great nation of people is built, by God. (Of course the God part is your choice, friend.)\" Dave Draper

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/07/08, 04:05 PM
And today... I am feeling back on track - ready to really do this. Going to be MS Minnesota next June (wish it was still caleed the Iron Maiden, much more my style, Ms minnesota sounds so beauty pageant).

Been working out this week, hard but not overtraining, and today is a rest day.

Todays food so far :

Simmered one egg and 3 whites in salsa (oiled pan with olive oil), had over 1 1/2c brown rice (a bit high carb)

mid morning I had a bowl of multi-grain cheerios with 1/2c skim milk, 1 scoop protein powder and one spoonful of peanut butter.

lunch I had leftover lean potroast and red potatoes/carrots/tomatoes.

I will be having a midday snack soon (celery, laughing cow light and some protein lemonade)
and for dinner it is going to be roast pork loin and sweet potatoes, maybe some broccoli.
Before bed, cottage cheese and walnuts.

I am on the upswing again and have flipped the switch mentally.

Part of my getting more motivated and accomplishing more has been due to spending les time online and more time doing the tasks I avoid by being online.

Anyhow - here I go, watch me run!

--------------
\"Achieving worthwhile goals requires a consistent investment of time and effort on your part....The rewards you receive will be in direct proportion to the consistent effort you put forth.\"
Brian Johnston, The Power of The Champions
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/07/10, 09:40 PM
Great to see you going! Run!

--------------
"A will finds a way, failure is not an option"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/07/13, 08:07 AM
Yesterday:

Up early...

Bodybuilder pancake w/atkin's syrup, coffee and spleanda

Leg workout, good workout

PWO shake, 1st half w/ creatine, glutamine

falafel patties, garlic ranch dressing, tuna on slad greens and 1/2 an avocado

peanuts and dried apple, 1/2 nectarine

chicken breast and some dark meat, coleslaw diet rite

emergen-c with creatine/glutamine

Not a picture perfect day, but it is improving again :)

--------------
\"Achieving worthwhile goals requires a consistent investment of time and effort on your part....The rewards you receive will be in direct proportion to the consistent effort you put forth.\"
2004/07/13, 01:16 PM
SOUNDING GOOD...and all of a sudden Im hungry!!!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/07/13, 08:30 PM
6 am Labrada apple cinnamon oatmeal breakfast shake

8 am 30 min HIIT

9 am 1/2c frozen strawberries blended with nectar roadside lemonade, mmm creatine, glutamine

11:30 (out biking w/daughter) taco bell bean burrito, shared seasoned potatoes, diet pepsi

2:30 tri-o-plex bar, crystal lite

3:30 - 4:00 handful of peanuts (really hungry all afternoon), small bowl of popcorn, homemade fried rice (brown rice, peas, egg, pork loin)

6 pm fish, red cabbage, udon noodles

workout shoulders, abs

PWO shake w/creatine, glutamine

Going to bed early tonight, really tired....

--------------