Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

I seriously Need to lose 200 pounds

mzpabunny
mzpabunny
United States
2004/04/27, 06:31 PM
Hello, to all. I am new to this site. I am a 34 year old black female, with diabetes, arthritis, high blood, high cholesterol. I am currently at 430 pounds. I really need some good advice, a buddy, some help with meals, help with what to eat when I am hungry, etc.....If you have the time, please let me know. Thank you and I look forward to all advise. God Bless you all

--------------
If any man be in Christ he is a new creature, old things are passed away, behold all things become new.

II Corinthians 5:17
Anni313
Anni313
United States
2004/04/27, 06:43 PM
Hi Bunny, welcome to FT!

You have sooo come to the right place.

I would love to be your buddy, you can email me here anytime. :love:

Again, welcome to FT and congratulations on taking the first step.

--------------
Anni

Have you hugged your EFAs today?
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2004/04/27, 06:46 PM
Welcome to FT! Glad you found the site... it's full of info and like Anni said, buddies... lots of support here...

t

--------------
Tim

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self."

Aristotle

TimDay@freetrainers.com
2004/04/27, 06:50 PM
mz, There is lots of help here if you. Congratulations on your decision to make a lifestyle change.Ask your questions as they come up. Its always good to consult your doctor about starting an exercise program.

That said, you want to start out easy. If you hurt yourself early on its easy to say I give up. Fill out the exercie plan info under your FT profile and inbox. Pick a plan that suits you. The home plan may be the way to go unless you have access to equipment.

Then fill out your nutritional profile and that will give you guidelines for the protein/carbohydates/fat amounts you need. The are guidelines. You may want to adjust them as you go. There is a post by BB1fit in the nutritional message board. Its called "grocer list fot the body builder. It is a list of foods to stick with and is very helpful.

As you progress, use a tape measure to check your progress. Scales are a good tool but the tape will accurately show your progress. Muscle is heavier than fat and sometimes folks who want to lose a ilttle weight actually gain in weight but get smaller. Muscle also burns more calories than fat. So you build muscle and you burn more fat.

Hope this helps . You will find all kinds of encouragement here. Welcome to FT.

--------------
A problem ceases to be such when you can laugh about it.

Charlie
PrairieGirl
PrairieGirl
Canada
2004/04/28, 09:31 AM
Hi mz. Welcome. I'm new here too and need to lose about 100 lbs. I think building muscle in combo with diet and aerobic exercise is the best way for big people like us to do it. Or at least do it right!

Please keep posting on your progress.
aboozer
aboozer
United States
2004/04/28, 12:36 PM
congrats on joining the site i am sure you will have much success. Its great to have people cheering you along on the long journey. Good luck
ang
Kyrah
Kyrah
United States
2004/04/28, 01:57 PM
Welcome to FT!! Just coming here looking for help is a big step for us who need to lose the weight <I have about 90lbs to lose> Like they said, start slow, don't hurt yourself!! Get out there and start being active, go for walks around the block and work on finding a daily nutritional plan that you can stick with for life! It's not easy and we are all here to help encourage you! Feel free to ask questions, there are alot of very well informed people here who can answer them for you!

--------------
Love me as I am . . .
Let me worry about how I look!
LynndaMaree
LynndaMaree
United States
2004/04/28, 02:06 PM
Hello, my name is Lynnda, I have been sitting back lurking. I see how friendly everyone is. This is the first web site where the people really care. I also have lots of weight to lose. I started out at 309 on the 18th of Feb this year and have lost 20 pounds so far. I started eating healthy, but I wasn't getting in the cardio and toning like I should. Starting last week I joined this site and at least 5 times per week I do a minimum of 30 minutes of cardio and I do the toning on this program three times a week. Would you believe I tried HIIT this morning and really enjoyed it and worked up a good sweat. I need all the encouragement I can get. I have a long way to go and I'm just taking it one day at a time. Thanks in advance for all your help.
2004/04/28, 02:18 PM
Welcome LynndaMarie. Don't overlook weight/resistance training. That builds muscle. Muscle burns the calories. Eat the 5 or 6 healthy meals a day and kick up your metabolism and you will be off to the races.

--------------

Charlie
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2004/04/28, 02:21 PM
Good work LynndaMaree...! For some reason, you and I are in the minority I think... I like HITT too!

t

--------------
Tim

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self."

Aristotle

TimDay@freetrainers.com
LynndaMaree
LynndaMaree
United States
2004/04/28, 04:16 PM
Thank you all for your responses. This really makes me feel good to know that someone really cares. Tim, I really did enjoy the HIIT workoutl I hope I did it correctly. I rode the stationary bike for 30 seconds at a fast pace, slowed down and did it again for 45 seconds. I did this for 5 minutes and then rode for an additional 25 minutes at 13.5 mph. I hope I did it right. I know I worked up a good sweat. lol Charlie thanks for the information on the resistance/weight training. I only have dumbells here at home. I have 1,2,3,5,10 and 15 pounds ones. I don't feel anything with the 1,2 and 3. Only a little with the 5# ones. What type of exercises should I do to tone up my arms & especially my hughe waist. lol Any help from anybody would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all so much for your help. Lynnda:big_smile::love:
2004/04/28, 04:50 PM
Lynndamarie. Sign up for one of the FT plans and follow it. I read your post on another board about shrinking your waist. Unfortunatly you can not spot reduce. Exercise your whole body , eat right and the waist will go down.

--------------

Charlie
arinehart
arinehart
United States
2004/04/28, 08:20 PM
Hi there, I am new too! I would love to be your buddy!! :big_smile: My e-mail address is married2dhartomf@yahoo.com
Send me a note and we can chat together.
Waiting to hear from ya :big_smile:
ARinehart
LynndaMaree
LynndaMaree
United States
2004/04/28, 11:50 PM
Thanks Charlie, I appreciate the advice, and I'll take it. I don't think I was getting enough calories in. But I figured that out earlier. Thanks for the input, it's greatly appreciated.:big_smile:
LynndaMaree
LynndaMaree
United States
2004/04/28, 11:52 PM
Hi Arinehart, my email address is LynndaMaree@aol.com. I would also love an email buddy. Hope to hear from you soon. :big_smile:
beatty07
beatty07
United States
2004/04/30, 10:02 AM
Here's a little inspiration about a classmate of mine at seminary. He showed up this year pretty overweight and for some reason, the big vocational decision maybe, he just decided to do something about it. He has dieted and run all year and last week hit the hundred pound loss mark. A few days ago he ran nine miles. So, mzpabunny and LynndaMaree, I just want to say I admire your determination!

"There is nothing I cannot master with the help of the One who gives me strength." Phillipians 4:13
LynndaMaree
LynndaMaree
United States
2004/04/30, 04:41 PM
Hello beatty07, thank you so much for the words of encouragement. This really means a lot to me. I think that's just wonderful, 100 pounds. Wow! Hopefully I can say that one day. Again, thank you to each and everyone of you for your very knowledgeable help. P.S. The wealth of knowledge on these boards is better and informative than any book I have ever read. :big_smile::love::love:
LynndaMaree
LynndaMaree
United States
2004/04/30, 04:43 PM
Hello mzpabunny, I don't think I ever said hello. My name is Lynnda and just wanted to say hello. I just started here myself, but if I can be of any help to you, don't hesitate to ask. Compared to everyone else on here, I have about 2cents worth of information. (smile) I wish you much success. Take care.:big_smile:
Strange_Gurl
Strange_Gurl
Pakistan
2006/01/12, 08:29 AM
HIyEzz...I'm new here too and need to lose about 165 pounds.Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jasmine93
Jasmine93
Australia
2006/10/31, 04:47 PM
Hi, I'm 13 and I'm new to this site. I weigh about 120 pounds, or 60kg soI am not obese but I would still love to drop of those extra pounds. I have tried heaps of unhealthy ways of lodsing wewight such as starvation or water only diets but than i just crave chocolate and sweets. I attempted the atkins diet but i couldn't keep 20grams of carbs a day. So basically nothing works for me, not even strict excercise programs. So please help me, i don't think i'm that fat, but when you're always being compared to stick-like thin chicks, it gets me depresses. Please help me.
bogges
bogges
United States
2006/11/01, 07:06 PM
Katiebeth- I weigh 230lbs and I really need to lose the weight. See I have tried diets befor but i couldnt seem to get the weight off. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can really use the support!!!!!!!!!!!::

Katelyn
KC_72
KC_72
United States
2006/11/01, 07:27 PM
Hi katelyn...asimmer has some really great posts in the overweight and obesity forum you would enjoy...you could also check out the FAQ forum for some answers!!!

Good luck and welcome to FT!!!:)
Jasmine93
Jasmine93
Australia
2006/11/02, 05:41 AM

============
Quoting from bogges:

Katiebeth- I weigh 230lbs and I really need to lose the weight. See I have tried diets befor but i couldnt seem to get the weight off. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can really use the support!!!!!!!!!!!::

Katelyn
=============
Hi Strange_Gurl, I weigh similar to you and I would love to lose a tone of weight, I'm new too! we shoold go on a weightloss program togther, only problem is i don't know any that work, so I'd appreciate it if you could tell me your answer or if you know any diets that work, thanks

Jasmine:big_smile:
Jasmine93
Jasmine93
Australia
2006/11/02, 05:42 AM

============
Quoting from Strange_Gurl:

HIyEzz...I'm new here too and need to lose about 165 pounds.Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=============
Hi Strange_Gurl, I weigh similar to you and I would love to lose a tone of weight, I'm new too! we shoold go on a weightloss program togther, only problem is i don't know any that work, so I'd appreciate it if you could tell me your answer or if you know any diets that work, thanks

Jasmine
SHELLY07
SHELLY07
United States
2007/11/26, 01:37 AM
hello i was wording if some one could hep me i really want to lose 100 pounds so i can look better please help!!!!!
jadeypie
jadeypie
United Kingdom
2008/03/23, 08:38 AM
hiya shelly xxx
ur in the same boat as me lol :big_smile:
i hv a wedding 2 go 2 in 40days n wud love 2 lose a little mre weight
need some1 2 talk 2 then u no where i am xxx tha goes for everybody else too xxx:love: :love: :love:
doingmybest
doingmybest
United States
2011/01/29, 01:29 AM
New here I want to lose 100 pounds; I am very active and eat right by my weight just doesn't budge. Any advice
novakjod
novakjod
Canada
2011/01/29, 09:46 AM
good luck to you!!! I wish you all the best. I too have to lose a whole pile of weight. No better time to start than the present!!:)