Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

tattoos of regret

resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages
Soldierbone
Soldierbone
United States
2005/08/09, 10:21 AM
I had never thought of getting a tattoo, until my cousin died... I haven't got it yet, but the thought is there. My cousin meant the world to me, and still does. I have, (had) 7 people in my family that are in law enforcement, and he was one of them. I have always known that something could happen; but when he died in Feburary serving an arrest warrant, my world changed. Pictures don't do justice to what I feel, I have pictures; what the people that worked close with him felt (remember, they were there when he was shot, and some blamed themselves). He has 2 young daughters that will never get spoiled by him again, who really don't understand why they can't see daddy anymore.
Donating money doesn't heal the day to day pain; it doesn't help to keep him close, when he is no longer there in person. Pictures get ruined, by moisture, the sun, heat, or normal everyday wear.

I'm not saying this because anyone offended me. I too never thought about getting a tattoo, but I need a way to help cope.

Chris

============
Quoting from menace3000:

never could really understand the point of tattoos personally...

want to show someone you love them? get them a gift, flowers, candy, do something nice for them....

wanna be badass? go sky diving...go bungee jumping..etc

Wanna be clever? tell a funny well thought out joke ....

small tattoo where no one sees it? what's the point of it then...

wanna honor the name of your uncle? donate some money to charity in his name...to a worthy organization....if you want to remember him...than ask a family for a good picture of him...blow it up and hang it in your room.....I seriously cannot understand the point of tattoos....

#1 they are painful
#2 they are expensive
#3 permanent
#4 another categorization element

.......hopefully I didn't offend any people with tattoos....lol
=============
Soldierbone
Soldierbone
United States
2005/08/09, 10:29 AM
I had never thought of getting a tattoo, until my cousin died... I haven't got it yet, but the thought is there. My cousin meant the world to me, and still does. I have, (had) 7 people in my family that are in law enforcement, and he was one of them. I have always known that something could happen; but when he died in Feburary serving an arrest warrant, my world changed. Pictures don't do justice to what I feel, I have pictures; what the people that worked close with him felt (remember, they were there when he was shot, and some blamed themselves). He has 2 young daughters that will never get spoiled by him again, who really don't understand why they can't see daddy anymore.
Donating money doesn't heal the day to day pain; it doesn't help to keep him close, when he is no longer there in person. Pictures get ruined, by moisture, the sun, heat, or normal everyday wear.

I'm not saying this because anyone offended me. I too never thought about getting a tattoo, but I need a way to help cope.

Chris

============
Quoting from menace3000:

never could really understand the point of tattoos personally...

want to show someone you love them? get them a gift, flowers, candy, do something nice for them....

wanna be badass? go sky diving...go bungee jumping..etc

Wanna be clever? tell a funny well thought out joke ....

small tattoo where no one sees it? what's the point of it then...

wanna honor the name of your uncle? donate some money to charity in his name...to a worthy organization....if you want to remember him...than ask a family for a good picture of him...blow it up and hang it in your room.....I seriously cannot understand the point of tattoos....

#1 they are painful
#2 they are expensive
#3 permanent
#4 another categorization element

.......hopefully I didn't offend any people with tattoos....lol
=============
kenny_wtf
kenny_wtf
United Kingdom
2005/08/18, 12:56 PM
best think is to get removable/washable tattoos..thats wut i do on a hot summer day when i feel like showing off:big_smile:
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2005/08/21, 02:40 AM
I think tattoos are for every individuals way of expressing themself. Whether it is for other's to see or not is irrelevent, I have three tattoos and I got them for me and no one else.

I didn't get them to be a badass, already have done the bungee jumping and skydiving, which was fun as hell by the way.
I didn't get them to be clever, already am more than I need to be.

Is there a point to them? To some, yes, to others, not really. My tattoos are an expression of me to myself. I am Chiricahua Apache, Mexican and my father is German. The wolf is my animal spirit therefore I got a wolf on my lower back cascaded in rose vines. My husband nicknamed me RavenBeauty because of my dark long hair (long at the time) so I got Ravens feathers with a rose in the middle across my shoulder blades. I love roses, always have so I have my name "Bettia" tattooed on my right hip with a rose just below it.

It's just a matter of who people are. I like people with tattoos, I like people without tattoos, it is either way for me.

--------------
Bettia.... The secret of getting ahead is getting started.

ravenbeauty@freetrainers.com

Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2005/08/22, 02:23 PM
null, whoever you are, true, that is your own opinion and unless you like tattoos yourself, then you won't understand the meaning of them, just like us who don't understand what is wrong with them. Everybody has different views on them, but that is what makes us individuals. No problemo, it's all good. :big_smile:

--------------
Bettia.... The secret of getting ahead is getting started.

gilvane
gilvane
United States
2005/11/09, 10:09 PM

============
Quoting from ravenbeauty:

I think tattoos are for every individuals way of expressing themself. Whether it is for other's to see or not is irrelevent, I have three tattoos and I got them for me and no one else.

I didn't get them to be a badass, already have done the bungee jumping and skydiving, which was fun as hell by the way.
I didn't get them to be clever, already am more than I need to be.

Is there a point to them? To some, yes, to others, not really. My tattoos are an expression of me to myself. I am Chiricahua Apache, Mexican and my father is German. The wolf is my animal spirit therefore I got a wolf on my lower back cascaded in rose vines. My husband nicknamed me RavenBeauty because of my dark long hair (long at the time) so I got Ravens feathers with a rose in the middle across my shoulder blades. I love roses, always have so I have my name "Bettia" tattooed on my right hip with a rose just below it.

It's just a matter of who people are. I like people with tattoos, I like people without tattoos, it is either way for me.

=============
I realize this post is 2 months old, but I am new here so it is new to me :) Bravo Raven!!!!
I was 40 before I got my first tattoo. It is a wolf head with feathers for my fathers clan (Echota Cherokee). My second one is a tribal band with a notched feather(some will know what this is for), my 3rd is a Pheonix(new beginning), my 4th is a war shield, and the 5th one is a Bear claw ying/yang symbol. All my tats have a meaning or a message.
I love my heritage and my accomplishments in life and they all tell of some point in my life that has meaning.

Soldierbone: Get the tattoo!!! :)
2005/11/10, 07:39 AM
lol, i just realized it was my null post...

I think tattoos could also be a deep part of one's culture so it's hard to analyze their significance(for the outsider that is) when the element of culture comes into play. Gilvane I am glad your tattoos have that much significance for you...but being outside of your culture I just don't get it.....what annoys me more is how majority of tattoo getters do it on a whim....or when drunk....or for no real purpose....some may view it as liberating....but not me...for me it's liberating to know that I can do it yet Choose not to....
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2005/11/18, 04:48 PM
menace you hit it right on the spot, "SOME" do it on a whim, unlike Gilvane and myself and probably many others out there, all tattoos are well thought out to represent pieces of who we are.. :)

OOyyyee Menace, always the debater, it's fun to debate with you.

--------------
Bettia.... You will only be remembered for the things that you finish, not the things that you start!

2005/11/19, 04:50 AM
:)

always happy to oblige...
PKDAD
PKDAD
United States
2007/04/29, 09:36 PM
I have 4 ... going to get another one soon
A dragon on calf
a croos w/ the words family and faith on calf
A egale w/sons name on it arm
My wedding band wour names on it on arm.
i luv em all!:cool:
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/05/07, 09:11 PM
I have a heart with my husband's name on my inside ankle, funny as it was his nickname that he hasn't used in 13 years so others that know us have NO idea who the name is in my heart, lol, I surprised him on Mother's Day when he was having some hard times before we were married and I went and had it done and then plunked my ankle before him, he laughed so hard, it was worth it and I don't regret it a day! Soon my son's and I are all going to get wings like the Bentley car symbol and put my grandson with SMA's name "BENTLEY" on it, too, so we can keep him close to us and our prayers always...

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
Vedakathryn
Vedakathryn
United States
2007/05/07, 09:15 PM
I am so sorry for your loss....you do what you feel will help you, you can only be as sure as you feel and regrets only come when you let them...I have a motto of sorts, I don't regret anything, for it would change who and what I am....maybe for the worse, maybe for the better, but I am who I am regardless and the chain of events those changed regrets would make may take from me what I love most in this world...life is what we make it, regardless of what we have done in the past, the future is a path of choices and an opportunity to learn from what we know.

============
Quoting from soldierbone:

Chris

=============

--------------
Veda

It is more important to know where you are going than to get there quickly. - Mabel Newcomber

Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success. - Napoleon Hill
resultset_first resultset_previous 1 2 of 2 pages