Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

bicep vein

johncena
johncena
United States
2004/02/27, 03:49 PM
How do you get your veins to pop out mainly in the bicep?

--------------
6\\'3 220 lbs. 14 yrs. want to be a wwe wrestler.
Speeder
Speeder
Canada
2004/02/27, 05:30 PM

By becoming lean, and also I think that Cardio vascular health also helps with this. But the most important is to be lean, and get some Muscles ;)
m3kamikaze
m3kamikaze
United States
2004/02/27, 06:29 PM
A temporary way is to cut off blood circulation while pumping at the same time. It is sort of like what they do when you give blood and they tie that thing around your arm and give you something to squeeze, squeeze, etc. on.
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/02/27, 07:48 PM
To loose weight is the best way. Putting a tourniquet on yourself to accomplpish this isnt a great idea. - MIke

--------------
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it is gone past me I will turn to see fear's path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain
effalunt
effalunt
Canada
2004/02/27, 09:42 PM
Vascularity (veins sticking out) will increase as you put on more muscle mass because larger muscles require greater blood flow to deliver oxygen. Veins are far more prominent on a lean body. Most people will notice their veins more during and immediately after training when blood flow to muscles is highest.

--------------
Think you can or think you can't; either way you're right--Goethe
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/02/27, 10:43 PM
Get down to 6-8%bf and your veins will show without any help.
Do not use a turniquet!!!

--------------
\"A will finds a way\"
Ivan
carivan@freetrainers.com
Montreal Canada
vikingchild
vikingchild
United States
2004/02/28, 01:24 AM
medically after 15 minutes use of turniqet the limb haslost more than 60% vascular circulation and is deemed amputateable.think guys are you really that hard up to show veins you'd risk loosing the arm?besides only a certifiated doctor/surgen has the knoweldge to remove the tourniqet with out your veins expolding from pressure of going from straving to over flow.DO NOT be a DUMBASS even wrapping tape ,wrist bands,etc.risks damage to arm .this comes from combat certified lifesaver.(basic field surgery and long ,long anatomy classes and fire/rescue training.if you want somethin gcool looking on arms to show veins .pump up the muscle and get armband tattoo.

--------------
Dave "lost viking seeking Valhalla"
mmaibohm
mmaibohm
United States
2004/02/28, 01:28 AM
hey you could tatto the veins on there for him lol or better yet the weird implants I have seen on bme. :big_smile:

--------------
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it is gone past me I will turn to see fear's path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain
vikingchild
vikingchild
United States
2004/02/28, 07:57 AM
yeah i'm not sure why anyone would want those weird plastic implants but to each their own i guess.tattoo the veins on huh i've done stiches on shoulders and neck and stuff (was really out there guy but hey he wanted to look like he was sewn back together so i did it and laughed all the way to the bank.)but not veins.maybe i'll find me someone who wants that kind of tattoo.bme kinda scares me and i'm not normally affarid of much.

--------------
Dave "lost viking seeking Valhalla"
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/02/29, 10:29 AM
The first time you get lean, around 12-10% or so, that vein will start showing well. As you get leaner, it will really show. Then, when you go back to gaining mass, it for some reason stays there pretty good unless you get really high in bodyfat. In most cases you need to get lean once though.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....

bb1fit@freetrainers.com
morris1988
morris1988
United States
2008/11/14, 11:03 PM
Very valid question actually.

Low body fat % is key first. Anywhere between 6-8%, 4% if possible (you can do it.)

-However, if you're looking for a quick 'fix' on how to get your veins to 'pop out' for good, try this - it's an old 'bodybuilding trick' that really works:

Take some 'Preparation H' medication rub, and rub it on all of the areas that you wish to have the veins 'displayed'. Obviously, this medication rub is used for 'Hemorrhoids'. The medication itself is designed to extract all excess water from the Hemmeroid & 'shrink' them, right? - well, same for 'veins'. Once you rub the ointment onto your desired areas, take some clear serran-wrap (like you use to cover vegetables & such for the fridge) and wrap it around the areas that you put the ointment on. This will not only keep the ointment from 'rubbing off', but it also creates some natural 'heat', which in turn, allows the ointment to absorb into your skin much better.

The best time to do this treatment is at 'night', before you go to bed. Once you wake up in the morning, remove the plastic clear-wrap, wash off the residue, and repeat for 2-3 more nights. By then, you should have nearly ALL excess body water removed from underneath the skin & the desired areas, and your veins will stand out very nicely.

- hope this helps. I've done it myself for years, as well as many others -for main events - and 'yes', it really works. Give it a try and see what you think. Let us know how it worked for you bud. Good luck.
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/11/17, 09:02 PM
4 year old post.....