Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

Anyone interested in an e-mail 'buddy'

crackerjack
crackerjack
United Kingdom
2004/02/16, 09:19 AM
I'm finding my motivation and my results leaving a lot to be desired and am wondering if having another like minded soul along the journey would not only help me progress, improve and enjoy myself along the way. My husband is supportive of what I chose to do, but hardly understanding since his body fat percentage is probably single digits and he's not interested in weights - or is interested, but not enough to carve out the time to do it.

I would like to find someone who's goals are similar to mine: For instance, I know it sounds wussy to most of you, but I know what works for me and jumping in cutting out junk food cold turkey, changing everything at once will not produce lasting results - except frustration. I need to go at things steadily and slowly. I'm the same with my fitness goals. If I do too much, I burn out and that gets me nowhere.

So if there is anyone who is looking to improve their health, fitness and eating habits a step at a time, who isn't looking to win a competition but just feel confident and lose some fat (I've got 30 pounds of the stuff cluttering up my body). Who wants to just live a 'real' family life ..just a better one, who would like to talk about boring stuff like fitting in workouts between raising kids or how to improve an old family recipe so it is healthier, please let me know.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

CJ
workingoutgirl
workingoutgirl
United States
2004/02/19, 12:24 PM
Sure - email me at sharpp218@hotmail.com. We all need all the motivation we can get! I don't have a lot to loose but yet any amount can be difficult.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/02/19, 01:27 PM
I will be happy to help also. I have guided folks through many diets and trying times, and am willing to help anyone who is sincere enough to want to get healthy. Count me in, and heres to good health. This is what we want to strive for first and foremost, and if a great body comes along with it, then we have really accomplished something. :big_smile:

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/02/19, 04:24 PM
There you go....2 ahead of me, plus me, email me anytime it will encourage myself even more. After all, we are all trying to reach the same goal. Good health!

--------------
"A will finds a way"
Ivan Montreal Canada
crackerjack
crackerjack
United Kingdom
2004/02/20, 10:57 AM
Thanks so much for the response. Just reading them has given me a boost like I haven't had in a while. You'll be hearing from me soon.

Oh, and WOGIrl..I enjoyed reading your profile. I totally agree on the bikini goal, only on this side of the world, it's only half a bikini.....:)

Thanks !

CJ
jolama1
jolama1
United States
2004/02/23, 11:41 PM
I am looking for some support. I want and need to get into better health and I am trying but I am new to my town and noone i know works out besides me. my girlfreind roots for me but I need to talk shop so to say with like minded people any emails would be very helpfull. thank god for this site,:big_smile::dumbbell: I did not know quite where to turn.
cancersue64
cancersue64
United States
2004/03/27, 08:22 AM
:laugh:Boy do I know the feeling about losing weight and needing someone to share it with. I am in the same boat. I am worried though about my weight going up and down over the last ten years so drastically at times. I am going to be 40 and with weight going up and down am worried. I am handicapped ;but able and willing to do what it takes to get better. I have worked out throughout entire injury and although there is no hope for my spine ; there is for me. I don't have anyone to talk to and relate with . My current position puts me in touch with very caring people and they do encourage ;but its not really the same as ones that are doing the same. I have been in and out of physical therapy using weights and my goal is to get back to the gym. Sleeping has been an issue also . I need to lose 30 pounds but would love to lose 40. I am trying trimlife and will try something new next.:big_smile:
cherbhere2
cherbhere2
United States
2004/04/04, 10:59 PM
I'm looking for support too!!! I'm a "newbie' with this - sort of... I havent really exercised since around 1989 or so- and now I got the 'exercise bug!'
I'm in the gym 2 times a day- 5-7 days a week- making sure I rest when my body needs it- and doing weight training with a trainer 2-3 days a week, rotating body parts.
What I need BIG help with is diet.. I'm currently at 36.5% bodyfat (obese).. but down from 39.7% in 5 weeks. I've lost an inch on each thigh- and 2 from hips. My biceps have only gone down .5% - so I'm gaining muscle at the same time - I know you cant spot reduce- but would LOVE it if anyone would write to me, and help me out! I'm going to be 40 in May- my son leaves for bootcamp 1 week after my b-day, and I want to be in as good of shape as I can for that day... that is goal #1... goal #2 is to gain enough muscle that even I'm jealous when I look in the mirror.. hehe- :big_smile: Actually when I was married I got down to 22% bodyfat- and the now "ex" didnt like the new thin muscled me... so.. THAT is where I want to get back to- and '@#!#' anyone who doesnt like it!
=)
Please email me at Cherbhere2@hotmail.com and put that you are from free trainers in the subject!
Thanks!
Cheryl