Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

weak and feeling almost DEPRESSED!!

Andreyisgood
Andreyisgood
United States
2004/02/09, 10:27 PM
Hello, I'm nineteen years old and I have been lifting for a about six years now. In the middle of my workout career I was taking creatine and protein shakes after I worked out. During the time I was taking supplements, it seems that I was able to run longer and lift harder. About eight months ago, I decided to stop using creatine, a month later, I decided to go all natural and quit taking protein shakes. Did I mention that I do Tae Kwon Do and hardly get sleep (sometimes five hours but mostly seven hours a day) due to college and homework. Now I feel a lot weaker and am very upset about it. I don't know what to do and am desperate for help. Is there any way I can gain strength and energy naturally!!??

--------------
-Andrey

Visionary is a self-fulfilling prophet. Do not predict the future.
Create it.
-Leland Kaiser
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/02/10, 11:32 AM
WHy did you decide to quit taking creatine? It definitely enhance endurance and recovery.
Protein shakes are just a streamlined form of food, not really a supplement.
Sleep is incredibly important for recovery and growth. You will have to prioritize what you want most and find a way to get more rest.
Make sure you are eating enough and that it is good, clean food. Lots of fresh veggies, fruits and lean protein, with whole grains. Lots of water will help stave of fatigue due to mild dehydration.
You have control in your universe, make it work for you.

--------------
"To be able to go to the gym and train hard is a joy and a privelege, even though the hard work necessitates driving yourself through considerable discomfort. Savor this privelege and blessing, and revel in it."
Stuart McRobert, Beyond Brawn
Andreyisgood
Andreyisgood
United States
2004/02/10, 01:57 PM
Asimmer, thanks for your input. I quit taking creatine because there has not been any research long enough to say that it is safe and it made me feel as if I was cheating.

--------------
-Andrey

Visionary is a self-fulfilling prophet. Do not predict the future.
Create it.
-Leland Kaiser
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2004/02/10, 08:51 PM
When you stop taking creatine, one of the most important things to remember is to continue drinking large amounts of water. Also, you may feel week because...your defianetely not getting enough sleep for an active individual.

Also, heres something many call the illusion of creatine. Creatine in any form doesnt necessarily make you stronger. Mostly it allows your body to work harder. Its one of the most difficult things to do but you have to tell your body to push harder and faster when its tired. Your mind will always quit before your body does.
If your looking to sever any ties with your former "supplements" of creatine and protein, the best advice i can possibly give you is to make up for the protein by eating lots of protein rich foods (tuna is great, as well as chicken, but chicken skin can be greasy and fatty), and to take a multivitamin supplement.

--------------
\"I get up in the morning around six to run for about an hour. Later in the day, I lift with a partner. Following my lifting sessions, I usually do speed and agility drills. Later, I drill all my holds and moves.\"

\'Isnt that lifestyle boring?\'

\"Yes, but the gold medal is very shiny.\"
Ichiguchi
Olympic Gold Medalist