Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

FreeTrainer newbie here ...

Sharon114
Sharon114
United States
2004/02/08, 07:07 PM
Hoping this is a place to share inspiration and motivation. Looking to lose weigh, but truly hoping it is the path to a sense of better physical health. I've completed the questionnaires and received my exercise and nutritional plans, but would love to hear the success stories of others here, and learn any tips and/or tricks that others have found aided their success. I'm really excited about finding the FreeTrainers site and looking forward to this new adventure! :o)
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2004/02/08, 07:17 PM
Welcome!

You've come to the right place for tips and success stories! One of the biggest tips I can offer you is don't be afraid to ask! Chances are if you don't know, somebody else doesn't either... you'll get a response from those in the know here. I'm still a newbie to this fitness thing with lots to learn, so another tip I guess would be you're not in the boat alone!

Again, welcome to FT!

--------------
Tim

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self."

Aristotle
chaos99
chaos99
United States
2004/02/09, 07:13 AM
Welcome,
I started at the first of the year. Down 10 pounds so far.
Still playing with the work outs trying to find what works best for me. The nutrition is the toughest part in my case.
I gave up all junk & now have the hardest time getting enough calories. Eating every 3 hours takes alot of time & dedication. I do know that if you can follow the guidelines (at least for me) much more energy, & strength.
Good luck & stick with it.
Nancy
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2004/02/09, 09:10 PM
Welcome Sharon....52 here and going strong. Getting ready to compete again. Age is not a barrier. Welcome to our boards, and congratulations on your decision of a healthier lifestyle.

--------------
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything....
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2004/02/09, 09:17 PM
Hello Sharon and welcome to the community. 47 and going strong. Be patient, persistant, and positive,(the 3 P's) and you will get rewarded.
have fun.

--------------
"A will finds a way"
Ivan Montreal Canada
angelsnow
angelsnow
Canada
2004/02/10, 07:55 AM
Welcome Sharon,

good advice so far ! I am 42 and feel great. Love weight training , have lost weight however in order to continue with my goals I have needed to clean up my diet , great info on these boards for doing just that.
2004/02/10, 10:20 AM
Hi Sharon, well now you have met the cool people. Geezers rule. 50 here. Don't worry about "losing weight". Eat clean, lift heavy. You will find that muscle is heavier than fat. You may even put on a little weight. Discount the importance of the scale and use a tape measure to gage your success. I have actually gained weight but lost 8 or 9 inches from my waist. Welcome to FT.

--------------
Some times life is like herding cats.

Charlie
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2004/02/10, 11:40 AM
hhahahaha... funny thing, I'm not over 40, yet I'm over 25 and there doesn't seem to be a message board for us... but since I'm closer to 40 than 25, I'll hang out here... since this is where the cool people are! I'm 36 and have seen great improvements in the year I've been working out... thanks to the guys/gals in the cool board and everyone else!

--------------
Tim

"I count him braver who overcomes his desires than him who conquers his enemies, for the hardest victory is over self."

Aristotle
myoung6470
myoung6470
United States
2004/02/12, 05:27 PM
Hey Sharon, I'm 47. I've been here since last fall and it never ceases to amaze me how many people that post here to help out. They are the greatest bunch for motivators and teachers that you could ask for! Oh, and by the way, I've lost two inches off my waist! I'm finally starting to look trim! Good Luck!

--------------
Happy trails,

Mike Young
Tis an ill wind that blows no minds!