Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

Women/Men

2004/01/04, 03:10 PM
How much different is our eating and lifting to achieve that SOLID TONE AND LEAN MUSCLE? Lets hear it from you forum on whats been keeping you FIT.

Working out for me has been success when I: lift six days,cardio 1 hr 6 days and jog/walk 4 miles on Sunday.

Eat: egg whites, oatmeal, vegetables, chicken, (dont like fish) drink 1 gal of water per day. My body is not so keen on bread, potatoes, rice, pasta. It has a field day finding places to store that.

I am however, sick of the basic type of eating mentioned above. So lets hear it. Waacha been eating and doing in the gym. :)
Philia2
Philia2
France
2004/01/05, 02:03 AM
Well my diet is the sale as yours. I do take a lot of supps like protein, aminos, vits etc
I weight lift 4-5 times a week, 6-7 hours of volley ball training, swimming once a week and finally lots of biking and walking with my dog (it's too cold to run right now!).

I've put on some lean muscle mass since I've put on some fat (it's difficult for the body to put on mass if you stay too cut!) so now it's time for diet.
I'll continue eating the same but I'll stop snacking.

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
shavondebrown
shavondebrown
United States
2004/01/05, 05:52 PM
I am naturally lean. I pack my fat around the mid section though. Well, you can still eat all the same things. Just cook them differently. You can find many recipes on the web for the amount of calories you want to consume

--------------
It's not what we eat or drink occasionally, but what we consume on a daily basis that determines our ongoing level o health.

formerfatguy.com
Not sure of author
Jdelts
Jdelts
United States
2004/01/07, 12:02 AM
Diet, Diet, Diet. Depending on what I want to do for myself, diet plays the most important part in the whole scheme of things. Right now I'm in the off season from competition so I'm trying to ggain lean muscle mass before I begin dieting down in April. So...I keep the carbs and fat to a modest amount for fuel. My workouts consist of moderate to heavy weight with a rep range of 6-12. Of course this varies from exercise to exercise. The biggest differense with my gains as compared to years past is utilizing insuline spikes after my workouts. Cycle creatine, take ZMA, glutamine, daily vitamin, flax seed oil, and protein shakes for when I'm too busy to eat protein(I try not to make a habit of that because getting protein through eating is better). I workout five times per week or 2days on 1day off or 3 days on, one day off. 20 minutes of HIIT on days off to keep the heart and metabolism honest as well.

--------------
May the lift be with you.
MikeCan
MikeCan
United States
2004/01/09, 09:58 PM
CC, I'm with you! I have just about had it with the foods I have been eating. I have been living off of Chicken breast, turkey burgers, egg whites, oatmeal,brown rice, cottage cheeses, backed sweet potatoes and Matrix Lean Mass meal replacement shakes. I have to stick with the above basic easy to prepare foods because of my busy schedule. I lift 5 days a week M-F at 5:30 in the morning. I usually focus on one body part each day (I'll mix in abs 2x a week> I do 15-20 minutes of HIIT on the tread mill after each workout. I supplement with whey protein, creatine and a multi.

--------------
Mike
2004/01/11, 10:15 AM
Mike...you and I sound like the same person. Are you following me or am I following you ;) Kiddin. At least I feel your pain LOL
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/01/12, 04:00 PM
LOok for new ways to prepare your foods. Try some game meats for a change of flavor, ostrich and buffalo are both good.
Add a little fruit in in the morning or after a workout.
Season things up... cayenne pepper enhances your metabolism, as do ginger and some other spices.
Garlic helps boost immune system, and flavors things up!
Some chopped cilantro flavors up slads and tuna fish.
Salsa in your egg whites, or here is my new favorite omelet:
thaw out and squeeze out the excess water from 1 package frozen spinach, divide into thirds and put away 2/3 for other omelets.
Mix up 1 egg, 3 whites and the spinach in a bowl. Preheat a large skillet and spray it with olive oile cooking spray, pour in the spinach/egg mixture, cook on med heat uuntil it sets up, then tear up 1 slice of Alpine Lace Reduced fat cheddar cheese and put it on top of 1/2 the omelet, fold the top over the cheese and cook a minute more to melt it. Serve with a little salt and pepper. MMM.

It is boring to eat clean consistently because you get into a routine of the same kinds of foods over and over. Switch it up! Have a cheat meal. Consider how great you are doing!
Good luck!

--------------
"To be able to go to the gym and train hard is a joy and a privelege, even though the hard work necessitates driving yourself through considerable discomfort. Savor this privelege and blessing, and revel in it."
Stuart McRobert, Beyond Brawn
Taurie
Taurie
United States
2004/01/12, 04:15 PM
CC, I try to follow your and Philia's diet and workout days but occasionally I slack. Over the holidays I slacked big time and only made it to the gym for 2 weight trainig sessions a week and still manage to lose bf. However, I know that if I would have stuck with it I would have lost a lot more bf. It's time to go back to the original plan.
2004/01/12, 06:39 PM
:) thats great about your bf lose doing what youre doing. Let us know how that goes with the original plan. :)
2004/01/12, 06:39 PM
Assimer thank you for the suggestions on meals. I'll try some of em. :)
Taurie
Taurie
United States
2004/01/12, 08:07 PM
Assimer, your meal suggestions sound yummy. I'll have to try the omelet for breakfast tomorrow.
myth_master
myth_master
Canada
2004/02/17, 02:32 PM
thinks lifting 6 days a week is to much for body not enough rest, only 4 days for me but intense 45-60 minute long workouts
cardio in sports, but since planning on competing gonna have to get on the boring cardio machines....grrrr, ah well the things we do for our sport