Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Workout Plan help

FitRedsoxFan
FitRedsoxFan
United States
2008/09/17, 04:45 PM
I am 5ft tall 100 pounds (down from 115). I no longer need to lose weight, but I still have a small stomach. My goal is to flatten my stomach and start building muscle.

Here is what my diet plan has been for the last month:

Workout

Monday Shoulders & Triceps
Tuesday Legs
Wednesday Chest & Biceps
Thursday Back
Friday 45 Mins cardio
Monday - Thursday I do 30 mins of cardio. 5 warmup, 25 after workout.

Weight Training: 2-3 exercises per body part using the following pyramid:
12 reps light weight
10 reps medium weight
8 reps heavy weight

Diet 1200 Calories
Meal 1 Protein Shake BSN Lean Dessert (130 cal)
Meal 2 half c. Plain Oatmeal with 2 tsp. all natural peanut butter (200 cal)
Meal 3 4 oz. all white meat chicken breast with half c. green beans or snap peas (135 cal)
Meal 4 4 oz. Extra lean ground turkey, half c. brown rice, stewed tomatoes (220 cal)
Meal 5 Chicken or Turkey dish from above sometimes varied with different vegetable (220 cal)
Meal 6 Protein Shake BNS Lean Dessert (130 cal)

Variation half c. Whole wheat pasta with homemade tomato sauce with extra lean turkey (200 cal)
Variation Samurai Sams Teriyaki Bowl (white chicken, brown rice, vegetables) (340 cal)
Variation Dunkin Donuts Flatbread, turkey sausage, egg white (280 cal)

Snacks consist of: banana, nectarine, hardboiled egg, avocado, almonds or raw tomatoes.
Water consumption is between half gal and 1 gallon.

My question: Do I need to tweak my plan to get the final results, or do I just need to keep with the same plan for another month?

My concern is the weight loss, I really have no desire to go under 100 pounds and it's taking time to build enough muscle to weigh anything.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/09/17, 04:48 PM
You aren't going to build any muscle if you're only eating 1,200 calories per day first off. Muscle will require additional calories.

Some may challenge your workout schedule, but at a minimum I'd do 1 light set and 3 heavy ones per exercise.
FitRedsoxFan
FitRedsoxFan
United States
2008/09/17, 05:29 PM
How many calories should I be eating?
How can I make sure that I am gaining lean muscle as opposed to fat?
Will I still be able to lose the stomach if I eat more calories or do I wait until the stomach is gone before I add calories?
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/09/23, 02:54 PM
Best way to ensure you're gainng lean muscle is to eat right (protein, whole grain wheat, good fats, lots of vegetables, etc.) You need to figure out how many calories that you need in order to gain. For you I'd start out at 16-17 calories per pound at least (1,600-1,700 calories total), give it about 2 weeks and see if you're gaining weight. If not then bump it up again.

Keep working out and the stomach will take care of itself. I'd start gaining first b/c no matter how lean you get as soon as you start trying to gain you will put on at least a little fat which defeats the purpose of trying to lose the last bit of belly fat. At 100 pounds there can't be much no matter how much you see it.