Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

working on 2 or more muscles a day ok??

misteromantiko
misteromantiko
Guam
2003/01/23, 06:05 AM
Is it ok to workout on 2 or more muscle parts in a day??? i work on my chest, tricep, bicep and abs on m-th-sat and then back, shoulder and calves on t-f-sun. i do 15 mins cardio before workout and then 20 mins after workout. I just want to tone and gain just right muscles. am i doing the right thing???
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/01/23, 10:16 AM
What you are doing is fine if you are in beginning stages, you wouldn't even be hurt if you cut those workouts down to 2 days. If you are more advanced, you will neeed to go to more of a split. If you fill out your profile, we will have a better idea of your current level of fitness and your goals, and even if you are male or female. We will be able help you much more.

--------------
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!
misteromantiko
misteromantiko
Guam
2003/01/29, 06:02 AM
thanks for the informations i really appreciate it. i have another favor to ask, i wonder if you can give me a good exercise for lower abs, i been doing different crunches for the upper, lower and obliques. i can see result on my upper and a bit on my sides but not on my lower abs. why is this?? do i have to work on that area twice as much???? thanks.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/01/29, 10:13 AM
Lower abs are one of the last things to show. This is more a direct result of diet. One of the best exercises I have found is weighted leg raises, I swear by them. Lie flat on a bench with your but right at the edge of the bench. Lower your legs(heels together) to about 10 degrees below the bench, then raise them together about 30 degrees up. Only that range of motion. Anything farther up and you start to use momentum, and are not hitting where you want. You may put a dumbbell between your feet for more intensity. But remember, diet is key!

--------------
Failing to plan is like planning to fail!
misteromantiko
misteromantiko
Guam
2003/01/29, 11:47 AM
thanks again for the advise, i am so thankful for this site this is a big big help for those begginers confused on some matters. i have another question, i am willing to do whatever it takes to reach my goals like intensive diet plan but i dont know how to and what kind of foods am i suppose to eat. im a bit confuse about planning my diet, sometimes it leads me to not eating as much because im afraid i will gain fats. i am aware that i must eat to have the proper nutrients & energy i need, may i ask for your suggestion on what kind of foods can i eat and how much intake???? and also how many times i should eat in a day. by the way i am using hydroxycut right now and i take 1 tablet 1 hour before workout and then musclemilk every after my workout. please advise on how to manage this things. diet, fat burner, protein intake and what else do i need????? thank you very very much!!!!!!