Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 968, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

Will the soreness go away?

ozmummy
ozmummy
Australia
2009/05/05, 09:37 AM
I've been working out for about 12 months, with general body machine weights and 30min cardio 3X a week. I'm about 5ft4 and 120lbs or so (female)

I recently started a training program made for me on this site. oh boy!!! It's the one more geared toward fat loss. The instructions say to use the heaviest weight you can to get the reps done. This is new to me, to be pushing myself to that degree. I have previously made progress but at a gentler pace.

So I have been doing it, and I am getting soooo sore, like I am a brand new exerciser. I sure know what muscles I have worked recently (lasts 4 days or more) It's hard to live like that because I am a homeschooling mum to four children under 8, so very active and picking children up etc...

My question is, if I continue to work out at this level of intensity - ie using the heaviest weight I can manage, will I always be sore for the next few days. That would mean soreness for the rest of my life???? That doesn't seem right... Or will my body get used to being pushed so hard?

I did triceps/chest two days ago, and I am really sore. Due back at the gym tomorrow for biceps/back/forearms.
2009/05/16, 12:34 AM
Changing up your workout will almost always cause some soreness. Change is good. Soreness is good. You'll survive it and get over it... until you change your routine again.:)

--------------
I would have a million dollars now if only I had only followed CNBCs advice...and I had started with a hundred million dollars.

Charlie
yadmit
yadmit
Canada
2009/05/16, 12:38 AM
Soreness is weakness leaving the body.