Group: All Else Lounge

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 42, Messages: 22740

This is the place you can discuss anything else that is on your mind that isn't already covered by other groups. Share what's on your mind and see who else has something to say about it!

Join group

Wife

Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/11/27, 09:43 PM
On the way to the gym tonight my wife asked me this.
"Do you drag yourself to the gym"?
I replied no, I really can't wait to actually do my traing.She was surprised at my answer because she feels she always has to push herself to get there and thought that was normal.
So, what can I tell her to change her attitude?
Oh ya, I don't nag her to go.
Need some help with this one.

----------------------------
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you are not in shape for it, it is too far to walk back! Franklin P. Jones

Ivan Montreal Canada
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/11/28, 01:40 AM
You have to make her remember the nice tired feeling you have in your body (and soul) straight after the work out...... It feels sooooo nice!!!! (and we always feel so happy and silly proud of ourselves! ;o)

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
rkahl
rkahl
United States
2002/11/29, 09:23 AM
Keep telling her how beautiful she is. She will do the rest.
mandre
mandre
United States
2002/11/29, 07:51 PM
Whats her training schedule like? How long has she been doing it? Is she doing the same old thing? Nutrition, sleep habits, life stresses? Progress?
Ok I am asking for her life story but usually something is off there for her to be feeling this way.

Do not nag her only try to win once in a great while. :)
You know us woman. LOL

:) Melissa

--------------
Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
- -- Aristotle
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/11/29, 09:23 PM
Nah, I don't nag, actually tonight she told me gain she hates going, and that the only reason she goes is because she knows it's good for her, keeps her bp down and keeps her active. She compared it to a kid eating vegetables because they are good for you, if you can understand that.
I train 4x a week and she trains 3x. She has a Home Office job that jkeeps her in 8 hrs a day and looks after 1 and a half kids.
She has been on the same program for 12 weeks now and is changing next Wed. She even has a personal trainer, What can I say?

--------------
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you are not in shape for it, it is too far to walk back! Franklin P. Jones

Ivan Montreal Canada
SandyQ
SandyQ
Canada
2003/01/21, 06:18 PM
I say, she's lucky having a PT! nice!

p.s. we need smilies here! LOL
mrmagical
mrmagical
United States
2003/01/21, 10:29 PM
Hmm are you the half kid or do you have a 1 and a half year old????
mrmagical
mrmagical
United States
2003/01/21, 10:29 PM
Sorry had to ask lol....
SandyQ
SandyQ
Canada
2003/01/22, 11:46 AM

============
Quoting from mrmagical:

Hmm are you the half kid or do you have a 1 and a half year old????

=============

Was that directed at me? If so.......take it to another board where you can bash someone else! I hear there's quite a few bashing boards around! (smilies are a "positive" thing btw...... something I guess you AREN'T.....I didn't realize the people on this board are soooooo sophisticated!!!!!)
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/01/22, 01:28 PM
Carivan...it takes a special type of person to really "enjoy" what we do. Bodybuilding is a sport, very personal, and to us it is fun and rewarding. But to most, it is more like a job they dread doing. You cannot ever force someone in any way to enjoy this. It has to be in them. Some do it just to get into shape, and after they do it a while, decide, I would like to take it to another level. But most don't, in fact how many people have you personally tried to help, that wanted to lose weight so bad, and get in shape, and were gung ho, only to quit in a few weeks? It is a very demanding and tough thing, and most don't last. Frankly, this is a good thing for me...LOL..less competition! So, hope this makes some sense, and I would say at this point just be happy she is going!

--------------
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!
INTRUDER
INTRUDER
United States
2003/01/22, 04:52 PM
bb1fit said it the best;
If she just doesnt like it, this should be ok w/you.
Dont try to change her, she is the only one that should be in control of what she wants. She may come around when she is ready and finds a better reason, or she may not.
so what?
be cool & enjoy your work-out, and let her enjoy her self.
Sometimes fitness is just a lonely world.

============
Quoting from carivan:

On the way to the gym tonight my wife asked me this.
"Do you drag yourself to the gym"?
I replied no, I really can't wait to actually do my traing.She was surprised at my answer because she feels she always has to push herself to get there and thought that was normal.
So, what can I tell her to change her attitude?
Oh ya, I don't nag her to go.
Need some help with this one.

=============

--------------
"Get everthing you want--just make a little change now"
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/01/22, 05:03 PM
My wife and I just read these new posts, and she still says she has to push herself. Her bp is down to normal and thats all she wants. I give her kudo's for that. But you guys make alot of sense.
I'm not sure about what you are talking about Sandysford, but I am in no way bashing anybody. If I posted something I shouldn't have I appologize.

--------------

Ivan Montreal Canada
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/01/22, 05:07 PM
Mixed up name. I meant SandyQ and NOT sandysford.SORRY!
SandyQ
SandyQ
Canada
2003/01/22, 06:55 PM
Not YOU Carivan.....it was MrMagical's comment. I don't know what he meant by it......I guess he was trying to be funny! I dunno.
metraa
metraa
United States
2003/01/22, 08:10 PM
I think MrMagical was refering to Carivan stating his wife looked after 1 and 1/2 kids. I don't think he was being mean...He was asking Carivan if he was 1/2 kid. That's what I got out of that post anyway.

As for her going to the gym, she might be thinking it's just one more thing she HAS to do instead it's one thing that she GETS to do. I know a lot of women that sometimes let priorities get messed up due to too many burdens. Maybe she can find something fun about the gym and then hopefully she'll see it as time to look forward to...good luck. It's nice to be able to share working out, I think.

============
Quoting from SandyQ:

Not YOU Carivan.....it was MrMagical's comment. I don't know what he meant by it......I guess he was trying to be funny! I dunno.
=============

--------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us
----- William Morrow
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/01/22, 08:33 PM
Sometimes with women if they can find a "girlfreind" in the gym, some other lady they click with, especially if they are in about the same fitness level, it makes it more fun for them to go. Catch up on gossip and well, you know......

--------------
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/01/22, 08:51 PM
OK here is the kid formula. I have 3 children, 1 18 looks after herself at home, a 16 yr old, who still needs a little parenting, and an 11 yr old who is the 1 who is still all kid! so the 11 yr old and the 16 yr old is 1 and a half...anyway...not important and as far as myself...yes I am a BIG KID! And thanks for all your opinions on this post, it makes me think out of the box!

--------------

Ivan Montreal Canada
SandyQ
SandyQ
Canada
2003/01/23, 05:44 PM
Oh man! I AM soooooooo SORRY!!!!!! Guess I was having a bad on-line day! sorry again.

============
Quoting from metraa:

I think MrMagical was refering to Carivan stating his wife looked after 1 and 1/2 kids. I don't think he was being mean...He was asking Carivan if he was 1/2 kid. That's what I got out of that post anyway.

As for her going to the gym, she might be thinking it's just one more thing she HAS to do instead it's one thing that she GETS to do. I know a lot of women that sometimes let priorities get messed up due to too many burdens. Maybe she can find something fun about the gym and then hopefully she'll see it as time to look forward to...good luck. It's nice to be able to share working out, I think.

=============
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2003/01/23, 05:50 PM
Sometimes things get misread! Time for a group hug?

--------------

Ivan Montreal Canada