Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

wierd ephedra side effect

betony
betony
United States
2003/04/09, 12:29 PM
Has anyone else using ephedra noticed a change in your periods? eg. longer, heavier, etc? My workout partner & I were drinking Beta Blasts & both of us had 2 week long periods that didn't end until we had cut out all ephedra for several days. Now I stop taking it right before & for a few days after & that seems to work but if I slip up (hey, that stuff is addictive! especially on those days when your motivation is low) the same things happen. I did a lot of research & didn't find this listed as a side effect snywhere, wondered if anyone else had this problem?
WSUGirl1
WSUGirl1
United States
2003/04/09, 02:35 PM
I just started taking ephedra as well and I began while I was on my period. That was almost a week ago and I am still menstrating! And I have noticed that is is very hevay and I have terrible cramps this morning! My period should have ended about four days, as a matter of fact, it was winding down until I took the ephedra. And now here it is again! I'm not sure if thats a side effect, but I'm with you on the addiction of those pills! I don't want to stop taking them!!
betony
betony
United States
2003/04/09, 04:33 PM
Exactly - I haven't found anything that works as well, either. I'm just hoping that if I time my usage right I'll be okay. But I wonder *why*. I can't seem to come up with any good scientific eason it would do that.
gwindalyn
gwindalyn
United States
2003/04/09, 06:11 PM
Hot Rox is reported to work better than ephedra and without all of the health issues. I've also heard a lot of good things about edphedra-free Hydroxycut.

--------------
~Jennifer

http://www.gwindalyn.com
hoser88
hoser88
Canada
2003/06/14, 01:03 AM
I was reading along with a friend who has recently signed onto this site. Hence, the difference when I start talking about periods as he is male and I am female, so don't get freaked out lol... I started taking hydroxycut one month ago - new formula no edphdera and two weeks into it I started my period (as scheduled) and it only lasted 5 days instead of 8 . I thought it was odd, but didn't think too much of it, until a week later I started spotting and then a few days after spotting started a whole new period, which lasted 7 days with no end in sight. I thought something was seriously wrong so i went to the doc's. she took blood, pap. etc.. all tests came back fine.. but i was still bleeding. I had mentioned to her the hydroxycut but she had no knowledge of it. a couple days after that, i went to the chiropractor (usual visit) and i was discussing this with him and this is what I found out. The fact that hydroxycut both new and old formula contain a natural asprin (willowbark) which is a bloodthinner - it thins all the linings in your body ie nose,and,uterus,cervix etc this with vigorous excercise,weights,and any sexual activity will make you bleed. I stopped taking the hydroxycut and a few days later I stopped bleeding. I have not decided yet to try it again, and stay at a lower dose (I didn't seem to have a problem until I was up to the 9 pills a day) I hope this helps. The thing that annoyed me the most is before i started taking it i researched it what i thought was well..and when it came to me having questions no one knew anything... not doctors, pharmacists,employees at health and supplement stores..heck not even the 1 800 # on the back of the frickin bottle. just goes to show you really have to be careful with what you take. : ) cheers
CarlyT
CarlyT
United States
2003/10/08, 05:26 PM
People on ephedra!!!!!!!! Please Please Please reconsider this drug. My husband and i were taking hydroxycut and thermadrine daily before our workouts last year when he suddenly got a spontaneous brain bleed. Mind you he was 27 yrs old at the time and in great health. the neurologist can only guess, but was convinced it was the ephedra!!!

My word of caution to the world!!!
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/10/09, 02:20 AM
I never had any "real" side effects from Ephedrine..... and if I had any I would simply lower the doses.
No, my periods didn't change either.
Today you'll find so many other good fat burners out there without ephedra so don't take any risks with your health.

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.