Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

which supps add real size

tapr
tapr
Canada
2008/07/10, 11:27 PM
I have been working out very intensily. I only take allmax's isoflex protein, for a supplement.. It's great I've noticed some good gains. However I want to try something else that will help me put on some good size. I'm not too keen on taking creatine, just don't like what I hear and frankly i hate pissing every 3 minutes. So I just wondered what some of you big guys take, like glutamine, hmb, testosterone, anything. Just curious on what has worked for gaining some lean muscle mass for you guys. thanx a lot for the input.

p.s. I drink one shake a day and only on days i workout, should i take more perhaps?. thanx
ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/07/11, 08:26 AM
I think that you need to do some research. Creatine isn't a bad product like you think it is.

Shakes are good for supplementing your actual diet. YOu need to eat a lot of food to pack on some size, shakes don't do squat if you're not eating enough food all around.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2008/07/11, 10:08 AM
You've noticed gains from taking a protein shake? Wow. That must be good stuff.

What are your goals - strength, mass, definition? I'm assuming your a male, but what about your age? How long have you been training? What does your current diet look like? ALWAYS look to your diet FIRST before spending additional money on supplements.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
tapr
tapr
Canada
2008/07/11, 01:24 PM
sorry what I meant by gains was with using this specific protein I have been able to recover a bit faster which has allowed me to gain some size quicker than with the previous stuff i was using. Also I'm not knocking creatine and I have researched it, seems like there's still a lot of negative input from people out there. I may still try it. And im basically on a "seefood" diet, more or less.. i try to stay away from processed foods with high calories and such. I try and eat lean meats, fruits, veggies, all that good stuff. Though I'm likely not getting quite enough. I think you may be right jbennett, ill stick to a stricter diet containing more fruits and meat, before I buy another supplement. I'm just anxious to start gaining some serious muscle mass.
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2008/07/11, 03:03 PM
============
Quoting from tapr:

...I'm just anxious to start gaining some serious muscle mass.
=============

We're all anxious to gain, man. I am beyond what I ever wanted to be but it's still not enough now. The problem 90% of us have in the beginning is that we look for the fastest and easiest ways to gain. Supplement companies do a fantastic job marketing their products. For those who want faster gains it's easy to get suckered into their marketing ploys. The 90% that do get suckered in learn after a very expensive period of trial and error that these supplement claims aren't always what their cracked up to be. I learned the hard way; back in 2001, I spent money on the 'newest and greatest' stuff that never did anything. Luckily, I'm a fast learner. You can try all the supplements on the market that claim great things and learn the hard way, or you can learn from others while saving yourself some cash.

As a side note...
Yes there is some negative stuff about creatine out there. However, if you examine the scientific research in reputable sources such and the National Institute of Health or the Journal of Strength and Conditioning, creatine has been shown to do good things to athletes.

--------------
--JBennett
"I've up-ed my intensity.... now up yours!"
"Pain is only weakness leaving the body."
"Never think of how weak you are; think of how strong you're going to be."
Pensfan
Pensfan
United States
2008/07/12, 01:25 AM
heres a good supplement charlie told me about ...tuna. if i remember correctly its cheap good for me and it looks like snuff in my back pocket all my friends will think im a baseball player. one can is like 30 grams of protein.