Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

which program

shaner54
shaner54
United States
2008/12/17, 11:00 AM
So I'm starting a new program first time on this site but i am not sure which program to chose between if i should take the General Progression training or the Gain muscle mass & size.
I am 6' tall and weight about 180 pounds rather lean. Have been working out for the past 5 years was really into it in college (i had a friend that kept up with me at that time)so i was really regular at that time. I feel i can stay regular if i have a schedule in front of me. My main focus is i want to put on about 10 pounds. Dieting isn't a issue i can maintain that well. the only unhealthy thing in my diet is beer rarely do i have fast food or junk food.
So my questions are
A)Which program the general progression or the gain mass and size.
B)Are protein shakes and bars worth it just to make sure i reach the calories and protein intake
C) how much cardio should i be doing (i work 12 hour shifts at a hospital and i am constantly on the move going up and down stairs i know its not proper cardio but just a FYI)
Thanks
returnofplex
returnofplex
United States
2008/12/17, 12:26 PM
You'll see a faster gain with the muscle mass and size program. You'll put on a little fat from eating the extra calories, but it falls off pretty fast if you do a cutting cycle(weight loss) afterward. Try to eat as much real, whole food as possible, and supplement with a shake post work out. The bars (in my opinion)aren't really worth it. Keep the cardio to a bare bones minimum,or none at all. It'll only make you have to eat more to compensate for the calories it burns.