Group: Health Supplements

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 101, Messages: 16612

Supplements can be a great aid with your health and fitness goals. Combined with the proper exercise and nutritional plan they can be quite effective.

Join group

Whey Protein Drink

cwcummins
cwcummins
United States
2007/09/11, 12:42 PM
I got some Whey Protein Drink mix at GNC and the guy told me I could double-up on it? I am looking for an experienced opinion on this issue, as someone else told me I should stick to the 3 a day as mentioned on the package.
flyonthewall
flyonthewall
Canada
2007/09/11, 01:54 PM
Protein drinks should be used as a suppliment to help you reach your daily protein requirements (usually 1-1.5g X body weight) Your best source of protein is whole foods like chicken, eggs, cottage cheese, lean beef etc. But it is sometimes hard to hit the numbers, so this is where protein drinks come in handy. It is also good to take in the drinks after a full wt workout-with some carbs as well. It's all about meeting your daily nutritional needs, a protein drink isn't going to make you miraculously muscular:)
Ravenbeauty
Ravenbeauty
United States
2007/09/11, 01:56 PM
Also, just remember, there are directions on labels for a reason, heed them. :)

--------------
Bettia

Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It is all about timing.
-Stacey Chapman
cwcummins
cwcummins
United States
2007/09/11, 05:31 PM
Thanks for the responses!

I have been drinking the protein drinks mainly in the morning with my oatmeal and a couple times later. I have had trouble getting all the protein and carbs in. But, I am going to do a little more research and find foods that meet the requirements. So far I keep coming up REALLY short on the calories and carbs. But, I have some good leads so when I get some more time I will hopefully get it down. I was going to try to cut out meat and dairy products (vegan diet) but I see that starting the workouts and diets on here and trying to cut out meat and dairy at the same time is going to be challenging! But, I am finding different kind of beans, etc., which will help. I am not really trying to get muscular, per se, just tone up and lose a few inches around the waist.