Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Where'd my self-confidence go??

earth_angel0001
earth_angel0001
United States
2003/03/30, 11:14 PM
This past year, I've really struggled a lot with low self-esteem, and I think that in having the goal of getting healthy and living a healthy lifestyle, that how you perceive yourself, and the worth that you give yourself, is very important in that.

I'm so tired of having low self-esteem and self-confidence, and i'm noticing that it's really starting to effect different areas in my life. I've always been a very optimistic -- the-glass-is-half-full -- person, which is why this is so frustrating to me... So, i guess i was hoping that some of you could share any practical ways you, or a friend/loved one, has built up their own self-worth... I appreciate any responses=)...
Philia2
Philia2
France
2003/03/31, 01:08 AM
What really helped me and made me believe in myself was my very first competition.......
Being able to follow a strict diet and bulding up a beautiful body -with all the hard work and tears..... Then finally being on stage knowing that everybody looks at you and even though if you don't win then you have still won a personal fight and you feel proud.
Believe in yourself and what you are able to do. Try to find your own limits and barriers (you need to put a finger on the problem to find a solution) and start to climb.
We only got one life so hang on girl, keep smiling!! (o;

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
fit4ever
fit4ever
United States
2003/03/31, 10:00 AM
Working out has always helped me...when I'm lifting or running..I feel great. Always after, I feel like I can conquer anything. Which is why I always do my workouts in the mornings, so that my day starts off on a positive note. When I workout, its all about me...I tuned everything and everyone out...it's my time for myself and I can be selfish.. so you just have to find that something that makes you feel good..(not material things) and once you feel good about yourself you'll have more confidence in yourself. Smile it will get better..
PhysiqueMystiqu
PhysiqueMystiqu
United Kingdom
2003/03/31, 11:54 AM
Philipa is right. When you start to make little changes in your body it really helps your self confidence. It is just the little things that all add up. Surround yourself with positive people and just refuse to speak to those that are always negative or bring you down.

--------------
For tasty nutritious bodybuilding recipes check out Muscle Menus CLICK HERE http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/ebook.asp