Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

Whats for lunch?

fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/06/14, 10:35 PM
What do you people who work take to lunch.. I start something monday and wasn't sure what to take with me to lunch.. maybe some fruit for the in between breaks but as far as lunch itself... not sure.. ? Hope jnelle responds.. he works long days and probably has some good ideas... oh yea and I don't take supplements so anything thats food in general (outside of egg whites/peanuts/fish) would be helpful..
prettygentle
prettygentle
United States
2002/06/14, 10:57 PM
I often would take a wheat tortilla, smear a little fat free mayo or salad dressing on one side, sprinkle on about 1/2 to 1 oz of fat free cheddar or mozarella cheese and top with lean ham and turkey. Roll it up. They keep in the fridge for a few days and fit perfectly into 1 gallon ziploc bags.

Make some shredded chicken salad with fat free mayo and throw it on whole wheat bread or buns.

Hope this give you some ideas :)

pg
fireloard
fireloard
United States
2002/06/14, 11:29 PM
Wow they both sound great.. that chicken salad one esp. sounds like it should be awesome.. i'll have to give them both a try.. Thanks =)
Lumina20
Lumina20
United States
2002/06/15, 08:04 AM
My lunches are very unexciting. Some of things I take are: a turkey sandwich, fat free yogurt, cottage doubles, nitro-tech rtd, those cheese sticks that are marketed to kids, graham crackers, 1 piece of fruit, a protein bar of some kind, smart dog and hot dog bun. That's about as crazy as I get. =)
ssjslsdd
ssjslsdd
Canada
2002/06/15, 11:45 AM
A pound of roasted skinless boneless chicken breast, couple of sweet potatoes, and a cantalope. This gets me through to about 4pm. I eat breakfast before i leave for work.
qualters
qualters
United States
2002/06/15, 03:19 PM
Its all about the fat Free Cottage Cheese! And a nice 97% fat free turkey sandwich on 100% whole wheat! yeah!!!!!!!

--------------
BQ
AMERICAN MADE
jnellie
jnellie
United States
2002/06/15, 05:20 PM
well fireloard are you ready for this
4am oatmeal 3 egg whites orange

7am protein shake

1oam tuna sandwich,salad low fat dressing,cottage cheese.

1215pm instant soup ready in 3 minutes,banana,melba toast crackers ,milk

330 pm tuna sandwich on wheat bread,apple.

6oopm plain bagel, milk

915pm maybe a small salad or some fruit and yes a protein shake

some times i bring some pasta or some chicken breast and nuke it it has worked for me since i have been working these hourrs i have lost 6 pounds so i try to eat alot but i guess i just burn it off i hope these helps you ....
FitLilAlien
FitLilAlien
United States
2002/06/21, 09:11 AM
haha, mine is just as boring JNellie...

5AM: 1 cup oatmeal, 2 tablespoons whole canned cranberries, dash of Splenda and 1 cup hot green tea or apricot tea. 1 multi vitamin

10AM: (I go the the gym, then have breakfst at work) 5 egg whites, 1 slice fat free cheese melted over top.

1PM: low sodium tuna and fat free mayo on white cheddar rice cakes (2) or tuna sandwich on 12 grain bread, Multi Vitamin and antioxidant pack for women

3-4PM: Dannon Light & Fit yogurt (White Choc Rasberry is YUMMY!) and fruit, or protein bar

7-8PM:4-6 oz. bonelss skinless chick breast in my Foreman Grill, brown rice, veggie

Sometimes I'll throw a shake in or sub with a shake (MetRx Berry Blast is my fav, mixed with rasberry Crystal light, though it has alot of sugar) Occasionally, if I have time (In bed by 9 - 9:30) I will munch on cinnamon rice cakes with PB&J or PB & apple butter and apple slices or banana, though not very often. Occasionally during the day I munch on soybean nuts, I love them!
mazzgolf
mazzgolf
United States
2002/06/21, 09:35 AM
firelord - this is one of my main problems - that is, while at work, what to eat? I used to eat junk food (crackers, candy) but since I started this whole ft program, I've been eating a couple of pieces of fruit. That still isn't good enough - I like prettygentle's idea with the tortilla wraps! I'm gonna try that! Anyway, just wanted to let you know you aren't the only one wondering how the heck to eat right during work!
Missa
Missa
United States
2002/06/21, 09:48 AM
I get on the road to go to work around 6:45 am and get to the gym around 6 pm. On the way to work I typically eat a bagel and my one cup of coffee for the day. Around 10:30 am I have a banana or some wheat crackers. For lunch, I bring whole wheat bread and a can of tuna (sandwich will get soggy if pre-make)-Open and make a sandwich. Around 2 pm, I have a pint of fat free yogurt or a protein bar. You'll probably want to add more--I find that if I don't have little snacks to look forward to, I'll be starving by lunch and the tuna sandwich won't be enough! I drink tons of water in between.
Today, I actually have leftover pasta with turkey meat spagetti sauce for lunch. Nice change of pace. It's helpful when you make dinner to make enough for lunch the next day. Prevents you from having to deal with it in the morning.
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/06/21, 12:15 PM
I get funny looks, but I find that cans of tuna are really easy. I just eat them straight with some cereal bars. That and chicken breasts, cottage cheese, and lots of pasta is my day.

--------------
Practice does NOT make perfect. Perfect practice does.
ischjli
ischjli
United States
2002/06/21, 04:33 PM
I pretty much follow the meal plan outlined in the link below, just change the order some. For breakfast it is a shake with 5-7 egg whites, 1 cup oatmeal, 2 tbsp of flaxseed oil, cinnamon, 2 tbsp honey, 1 banana, 3 cups of skim milk. Very good.

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/magazine/get_big_diet_by_jacob_wilson.htm

--------------
Ischjli
"Seven days without exercise makes one weak."
Boddhisattvha
Boddhisattvha
United States
2002/06/21, 05:02 PM
That sounds aweful!!

--------------
Practice does NOT make perfect. Perfect practice does.