Group: Beginners to Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 969, Messages: 18927

Share and offer advice to beginners to the fitness world!

Join group

What to do for best results?

ms_bj
ms_bj
United States
2002/08/02, 01:35 AM
I'm a 5'8", 145, female. I need to tone up, build muscle, and get rid of this top layer of fat. I'm not over weight, but really undertoned. I've never been an athlete, but I am very familiar with the weight training and cardio.

Besides my lack of consistent exercise, I'm starting to notice cellulite and my body looks flabby (and soft). I want definition, but am not sure the best way to get this. I don't expect overnight changes (over 30 years of not doing much takes it toll). I want to ensure I'm doing an effective routine to offer timely results.

What is realistic? Should I focus more on cardio or strenght training? Should I do higher reps, lower weights or lower reps, higher weight or some other variation. And, what about my diet? If I lower my calories, will that help my body use the reserved fat?

(sorry for all the questions...but I'm confused)

BJ
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/08/02, 02:07 AM
Hi msbj, everything is realistic, one can do everything one wants with the body...... You can still get a great body. You just have to really know what you want and stay serious and focused about your goals.

First at all try following the tone and fat loss exercise program here at Freetrainers.com. Next you need to read..... Look under the nutrition forum and read some of the old posts (and of course also go to the FT nutrition and fill in your stats)

You'll be okey soon. ALl the best luck to you.

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
roni0906
roni0906
United States
2002/08/04, 12:41 AM
Just incorporating weight training to your schedule now will really help to tone your body and skin(help to reduce signs of cellulite).

--------------
Lisa