Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Weight Training Question

2007/10/06, 02:47 PM
Hi all. I have a book called "The New Rules of Lifting" by Alwyn Cosgrove that I absolutely love! If anyone else has this book, and some extra knowledge, I have a question for you. Alwyn has put together a lifting routine for men who don't have a lot of time to lift. It's called "Lifter #3: A Man of Constant Obligation on page 198 of the book.

In a nutshell, the routine requires working out just two times per week. A full year of working out is mapped out. However, my question is, will a routine like that work for a woman if she follows it?

Just to paint a picture of my fitness level, I am 30, 5' 6-7", I weigh 142 lbs, my BMI is 22.5, my BF% is approx. 26% (though that might be off). I was following Alwyn's "Eternal Beginner" routine for 21 weeks before I did a high altitude wilderness medicine and backpacking course at 10,000' elevation in Colorado. When I got back, I rested for three weeks before my husband, son, and I moved. Since then, I haven't been able to regularly work out. That's driving me crazy, so I thought I might give the routine mapped out on page 198 of "New Rules" a try.

What do people think? If you don't have the book, I'm sorry my question is so specific... and might I recommend it to everyone?

--------------
\"We must be the change we wish to see in the world\" - Ghandi
wrestler125
wrestler125
United States
2007/10/06, 08:15 PM
I've got the book, so I looked over the program you mentioned.

It looks solid for a female. Really, most trainers train females and males similarly. I think it would be a real good program for getting back into it.

--------------
SQUAT MORE ~Jesse Marunde

Mortal by birth.
Strongman by the grace of god.

Blood Guts Sweat Chalk