Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

weak ligamnets

orca722
orca722
United States
2008/06/27, 08:32 PM
About a year ago I tore to ligaments in my right ankle and the docter thought I also might have cracked a bone, but couldn't tell either way. I was on cruches woke up at five in the morning to go to physical therapy, and now a year later it still has some swelling and some days its fine, but other has a lot of pain. I swim competitivley and my times are still recovering from the season when I first hurt my ankle and couldn't swim, but now a year later I am training(trying to to get back my speed) and so frustrated that it still gives me problems. The docter said it might never completley go away because I have loose ligaments, and I accept that, but does anyone have tips to help with the pain or mabey strengthen up my ankle. I'm only a teenager and I hate the concstant pain in my ankle that keeps me from being able to go play or work out with my friends without wearing a ridiculous brace and that reminds me how good I used to be at swimming and how bad I got because of the injury.
7707mutt
7707mutt
United States
2008/06/27, 08:48 PM
I had a very bad sprain in 1989. Basically put the inside edge of my foot (folded) onto my lower calf. I did NOT break anything just ripped and pulled all tendons and ligaments. I spent almost 4 moths in a cast. Then I spent a YEAR re spraining it. I then started to ride a bicycle. I can say it was the biking that fixed it for me.

--------------
FOR MY WIFE:
Her little ring was a little thing
but it was all that i could afford
now shes mine all mine
till the day i die
and i never wanted nothing more

7707mutt@freetrainers.com