Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

water

k_stpeter
k_stpeter
United States
2008/11/03, 01:48 AM
does water help you lose weight???
debmac2563
debmac2563
Australia
2008/11/03, 03:03 AM
I am sure it does. I notice a big diffenence in weight loss when I keep water up.

Often you need to go to the toilet more when you first start to drink,however once your body is hydrated that slows down.

I try to drink at least 1.5 litres per day
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/11/03, 08:03 AM
Water doesn't cause weight loss in and of itself, but it will help you in a few different ways...

A properly hydrated system doesn't hold water, so you won't be bloated and this will register as weight loss when you drop the excess water from your system.

A properly hydrated body will function more efficiently, so the processes that are necessary to fre up fat and get rid of it will function better.

A properly hydrated body will perform better in the gym, which means you can train more intensley and increase your calorie output...which in turn means more fat loss.

There have been some great posts in the past about water and the benefits of hydration - check fitbuddy if you want to know more.

--------------

A man of sense is never discouraged by difficulties; he redoubles his industry and his diligence, he perseveres and infallibly prevails at last.

Lord Chesterfield