Group: Competitive Bodybuilding & Fitness

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 22, Messages: 5367

Discuss the process of preparing for a competition on the sport of body building, fitness and more!

Join group

USA's

rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/04/25, 02:48 PM
Well, it begins...

As of today, it is exactly 3 months to the NPC's USAs, and 5 months to the OLYMPIA, both to be held here in the entertainment capital of the world!

<...is starting to get stoked!!

More details of the festivities as we get closer.........

--------------
Michael
"Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!"
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/05/26, 12:53 PM
Thursday, May 22, 2003 - We are now months away from a highly anticipated Mr. Olympia showdown. For the first time since 1998, there is a feeling that the title is actually "up for grabs".
Perhaps the greatest bodybuilder of our generation, Ronnie Coleman suddenly finds himself in a vulnerable position. It's quite possible that this will be Ronnie's final Olympia, win or lose. The analysis on Big Ron is simple...If "Ron is On" he is unbeatable, period. However, it's been a couple years since we have seen Ronnie at his very best. If Ronnie is less than 100%, we will have a new champion...and his name will be Jay Cutler (sorry Gunter fans). As Jay closes in on his 30th birthday, his best years are still ahead of him. That's a scary thought for all aspiring Sandow hopefuls. By comparison, Ronnie will turn 40 on his next birthday.

Not to be overlooked: Perennial Top 5 finisher Shawn Ray has confirmed his plans to return to the Olympia stage this October. We could be looking at a stunning final posedown of Ronnie Coleman, Chris Cormier, Kevin Levrone and Gunter Schlierkamp, Jay Cutler & Shawn Ray . WOW!!! Did I forget Dexter Jackson, Lee Priest, Markus Ruhl, Darrem Charles, Dennis James.......of course not. Bodybuilding fans across the globe are salivating just thinking about it!

Speaking of Lee Priest…. As orginally reported by Ron Avidan at GetBig.com, it appears that Lee Priest is giving serious thought to retirement. Lee offered the following statement: "I will say again, I am out. The sport is no longer fun for me. And to see whats happening to alot of good athletes is crazy. Cause in the end all you have is your health and some of the greats don't even have that."

Lee stood among the Top 6 at last year's Olympia. His plans for the upcoming Olympia are still in doubt. Pro Muscle Online will bring you more on the situation as it develops.

***Courtesy of pro muscle online

--------------
Michael
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/07/25, 10:38 AM
Well, I'm off to spend the next few days at the USAs (looky there, I made a rhyme!)here in Vegas.

See ya on Monday, and hopefully I'll get some good pics to post.

--------------
Michael
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2003/07/25, 10:45 AM
Dam, I am jealous. Would love to see the USA's. Maybe someday.

--------------
Great people never want it easier, they just want to be better!
Ron
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/07/28, 12:28 PM
Oh, what a weekend! But as so not to take up too much space, here is the whirl-wind version (which it felt like anyway):

Picked up my rep at the airport Friday morning, and went to UNLV to set up for the expo. After a few hours, got the booth put together and products displayed, just in time for the doors to open for the public to come in for the men’s prejudging. Went back to my house for a cocktail party for my accounts, rep, and people from the show – lot of fun, lot of food, went to bed waaaaay to late.

Woke up 3 hours later to head up to the show; women’s fitness and bodybuilding prejudging. Great turn out. Went to go eat, and pick up more promo materials at my warehouse since what we had went so fast.

Got back just in time for the doors to open for the finals. Hung out with Gunter Schielerkamp, who was in the booth next to ours, and had some great conversations; by the way, he has gotten HUGE! I mean, bigger than I have ever seen him. Next to him was Cutler, and they were joking with each other the whole night. It is being majorly set up for the Olympia to be a battle royal between these two. I know Cutler will probably get it (politics), but Gunter will deserve it. Cutler was dwarfed by Gunter (wait til you see the pics; should be up within the week!), but it was all in fun…

The competitions were great, except for this one guy who stole, verbatim, Linda Murray’s posing routine and music from the Ms. O last here! My rep’s friend, Michael, took 2nd, so he gets his pro-card. We then tore down the booth, but this is where the real fun began.

Craig Titus was having a post-show party at this club on the Strip called Seven (partially owned by Dennis Rodman), so Michael invites me, my rep, and one of my friends, to attend with him. We get to the front door, he mumbles something to the doorman, and we walk in. It was pretty cool, but it didn’t last for long. Turns out, Michael is good friends with Chris Cormier, who was at this club. Chris tells us that he was leaving to go to a party he was hosting at a club called Bikinis at the Rio hotel. Chris was going to ride in our car, but when Michael and his wife decided to go, the three of them took a cab. As the three of us get to the door, who comes out of the club but Cormier himself, and says, “Hey, guys, come on in.” There was an hour and a half wait in line to get into this club, but we walked past everyone and went right in. We then proceed to the VIP private party room, a split-level over looking the dance floor. We were having waaaaaay to much fun, when all of sudden, we realize Cormier is gone. A few minutes later, he gets up on stage in front of the entire club with no shirt on, and starts hitting some major posing. The club went nuts! We had a ton of fun, to say the least; I got home at 5 am, only to get up 3 hours later to get my rep to the airport.

I can only imagine what the O will be like… 3 months to go!!

--------------
Michael
2003/08/03, 08:59 AM
I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS YOU GOT TO SEE GUNTER. AND YES IN DALLAS HE WAS HUGE AT RONNIE COLEMAN :) MAYBE JUST MAYBE HE'LL BE HOLDING THAT MR. O TITLE :) FINGERS CROSSED FOR A REALLY NICE GUY AND HUGELY JACKED :)) YES I AM A FAN :)
2003/08/03, 09:02 AM
DID I SAY HUGELY.......OKAY IM REALLY GOING TO WORKOUT NOW. HUGELY................!!!!
Arnold
Arnold
Canada
2003/08/04, 01:00 PM
Bro! That's sounds like a sweet time! Thanks for the writeup

--------------
.o0 Arnold 0o...o0 theaustrianoak@hotmail.com 0o.
inv3rt
inv3rt
United States
2003/08/26, 11:12 AM
Jay cutler... blah... Gunter all the way. He's a great guy and has worked amazingly hard. We'll see when the Olympias come. I agree that Ronnie is far from in his peak condition, and is probably on his way out.

Just don't put Gunter out of the competition yet, he's one huge, well doveloped dude.
rev8ball
rev8ball
United States
2003/10/17, 11:46 PM
One week 'til Judgement Day...

--------------
Michael

Trample the weak; hurdle the dead!
Chaos, Panic, Disorder.... Yes, my work here is done!