Group: Experienced Exercise

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 50, Messages: 19484

For intermediate and advanced individuals. Share and learn how to take your fitness to the next level!

Join group

Upper/Lower split

Jac48
Jac48
United States
2007/02/01, 07:22 PM
Ok, I know this topic has been brought up, but I have been on a 3 day a week split for a couple years. I am going to start working out 4 days a week, and am interested in the upper/lower split. I have seen it mentioned, but I was wondering if someone could break it down a little. I mean how many different exercises would you do for say upper body day 1? I am just looking for some kind of general layout. I know what exercises I like and what I have seen the best results with, I just don't want to end up over training, being I am going to be hitting the same muscles twice a week. If this was covered in a thread that I couldnt find if someone could just link it that would be great.
2007/02/01, 07:56 PM
This should keep you busy for a while - good luck

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/alwyn3.htm

--------------
Courage is resistance to fear; mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
Mark Twain

Jac48
Jac48
United States
2007/02/01, 11:07 PM
Thanks, looks interesting I am def. going to give it a try. By the way, what exactly does the tempo mean? How fast you do your reps? I am not very workout literate......actually I have never seen a tempo column....:(
2007/02/02, 08:50 AM
Tempo refers to lifting speed. The first number is lowering, the second is pausing in the bottom position, and the third is lifting. So a 422 tempo would be a 4 second lowering, a 2 second pause and a 2 second lift. If the letter X appears - it refers to eXplosive - go as fast as possible.

--------------
Courage is resistance to fear; mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
Mark Twain