Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

Upper Back Routine

thaiboxing
thaiboxing
United States
2002/11/03, 11:38 AM
Hello, I'm new here and I'm hoping someone might be able to give me a little advice. I've trained on and off for over 24 years and am overall pretty strong, novice powerlifter. I have noticed over the last couple years that I seem to have lost (am losing) any muscle definition I had between my shoulder blades (upper back). Can anyone help me out with some exercises which might target this area? I'm currently doing seated machine and bent over dumbell rows trying to target this area but don't seem to be having any luck.
Thanks
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/11/03, 11:54 AM
Some power lifters may be able to help you out here, but from a bodybuilding standpoint, here is my back routine, and at my last contest everyone sure cheered when I did my back poses. I do first bent over Barbell rows, 3 sets,I feel these are more efficient at hitting the back than dumbell rows(using the smith machine to keep the motion steady and you can pile on the weight), follow up with 3 sets of wide grip chins with weight, rear lateral raises bent over or if you have a pec deck with handles, face your chest against the back of it with handles all the way in, and bring handles out parallel or better, and finally hypers for 2 sets of 10 with a weight. Hope this at least gives you some ideas.