Group: Health & Fitness over 40

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 206, Messages: 2480

Group dedicated to men and women over the age of 40 that care about their health and want to take the fitness and nutrition down the right path.

Join group

update

hangclaw
hangclaw
United States
2003/03/30, 02:04 PM
Well, I haven't posted on a while, so I thought I would update. My weight loss has slowed, but at 195, 75", I am not sure I need to lose much more. I am still creeping down about 1 lb every 2-3 weeks, but coming down from 236...not bad! I am satisfied that I have reached my original goal. (toning and weight loss). Of course there is still a stubborn (and small)layer around the middle but I know I can beat it. I think it is definitely time for some new goals. I would like to focus on a couple specific areas. 1. upper middle chest 2. left 'teardrop' by the knee(it is much smaller than the right...could this be a result of an earlier surgery?). Along with maintaining all my hard earned progress, this should keep me busy. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
tenorsaxmandave
tenorsaxmandave
United States
2003/03/31, 12:27 PM
Yo Hangclaw,

Sounds like you're doing it the right way! Great job! I think you're right about setting some new goals. If you think things are beginning to get stagnant, then it may be time to re-evaluate and pursue some modified goals.

As far as the surgery, that may be the cause of the teardrop discrepancy. I had surgery on my lower left leg. As a result, my left calf measures 18.5". Right one is about 17.5". I tried building up the right one, but one inch is a big jump for a calf (for me anyway). So, with my symmetry just completely shot, I gave up all hopes of a lucrative bodybuilding career! LOL

For maintaining muscle, everybody here seems to agree that lots of protein is the answer.

Good luck with the new goals!

TSMD