Group: General Fitness & Exercise

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 379, Messages: 54577

Various general exercise related discussions. Find out what it takes to reach your fitness goals through daily effective exercise. With so many options we try to find out what works best.

Join group

True or False???

merlinhog
merlinhog
United States
2001/06/06, 07:38 PM
A friend of mine said that doing pushups and pullups everyday is good for your overall training and physique. I thought this would be a form of overtraining but he said that the muscles worked are different than those worked with weights. Is this true, or b.s. that he heard somewhere?
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2001/06/06, 09:05 PM
Seems logical that doing the same excercises everyday would be considered overtraining. But, I have also seen guys who train like that and have great physiques. Personally, I would do it every other day or so in conjunction with a good weight training program. For me push-ups and pull-ups are warm-up excercises, but if implimented properly, I can see where you could get deeper cuts and firmer back. Both exercises are still resistance movements, same as lifting weights. Sorry I can't give you a difinitive answer, but I'm not sure if there is one.
merlinhog
merlinhog
United States
2001/06/07, 11:47 AM
That would be true. I was thinking about it a little more and your answer is a good one. I guess to each their own, eh? You write well dude. Thanks for your input.
tt_rocker
tt_rocker
Saudi Arabia
2001/06/08, 04:15 AM

Pull ups are pretty hard ...push ups are alright
you utilize 3 or more muscles when you do either
I mean when you do push ups you work your pecs and arms. for pull ups in addition to your lats you work your arms and lower chest a little. depending on the form. So its more like compound movements that can get pretty hard. Try doing 1-arm pushups using the knuckles..I mean vary it in any way if you get bored