Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

trap pain

plankton
plankton
United Kingdom
2004/06/22, 06:27 AM
Around christmas time I strained my trap, the pain is where the trap and posterior delt meet. It's painfull when I bench and when I perform one armed rows (the pain is in the stabilising arm and not the one lifting the weight). I saw an Ostiopath and all seemed ok.....until 2 months ago!

I have made two attempts at rested it for 3 weeks, then doing a week of light weights, until I tried lifting something a bit heavier (about 75% of what I should've been lifting). Last week all seemed ok until I performe reverse flys and then the sharp pain returned. I'm getting a little frustrated at this as I've not been able to train for months now!!

Anyone have any ideas????
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/06/22, 08:57 AM
ice it, get it massaged, rest it and rebuild it very gradually. The length of time it takes to heal will depend on a lot of factors, age and general health, genetics, rest/sleep quality, nutrition.

Let it rest for one week longer than you think it needs (let it feel better for a week extra).
Be sure to do a general warm-up (5 minutes on a cardio machine) and then stretch it gently in-between sets.

After your workout, stretch it and ice it. Work it once a week for a while.

--------------

\\"Inscribe this on the charm that dangles from your navel, girls. Guys, tattoo this on your biceps:

Building muscle and might builds strong minds and character. Respect and humility come from lifting weights and feeding yourself with care. And from these distinguished qualities a great nation of people is built, by God. (Of course the God part is your choice, friend.)\\" Dave Draper