Group: Eating Disorders

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 33, Messages: 1316

Find the advice that you need by sharing and learning from others experiences. You're never alone.

Join group

Tough Day

Anni313
Anni313
United States
2004/04/27, 10:01 PM
I know that every day can't be good. Today I only made it to 1000 calories and it took me 15 hours, the entire day. I just could not make myself eat my afternoon snack or my dinner, but I was finally able to drink a slimfast shake and that bumped me to 1000 calories for the day.

You guys are always so supportive and I'm not putting this out there to generate sympathy, I'm doing it because it's important for me not to hide it, if that makes any sense.

I feel like a failure today, but in it's way that is a good thing because it means I'm acknowledging the problem. I can do that without letting it win.

All the good work isn't wasted because of one bad day and I'm hoping that tomorrow will be better, that tomorrow I will be better. All of your good work on my behalf isn't wasted either.

--------------
Anni

Have you hugged your EFAs today?
dfly411
dfly411
United States
2004/04/27, 10:08 PM
It makes a lot of sense, it's accountability in a sense....and you understanding that self awareness is truly at the heart of healing.

Tomorrow will be better because you know it needs to be!

((((HUG)))),

Julienne
Anni313
Anni313
United States
2004/04/28, 09:24 AM
Thanks Julienne!

Today is already much better. I got up this morning and headed straight for the kitchen. I've already shoved my eggs and oatmeal and my MR is in my book bag.

I think the stress of the end of the semester got to me, but I have better perspective today. Thanks again for the support, I hope you have a really good day!:love:

--------------
Anni

skeys
skeys
United States
2004/04/28, 11:21 PM
I have a hard time getting in all my calories also. It is even harder when i don't get up early. Like when i get up at 9:30, i don't eat before my cardio and so i don't get home from the gym to eat untill 11:00 and that thows my whole day off. So i know what you are going through. Hope your days get better.

Remember the semester is almost over.:big_smile:
That usually brings a smile to everyones face. :love:

Shawna
neiltilley
neiltilley
United Kingdom
2004/04/29, 03:41 AM
It's important for you not to hide it, as much as it is our part to not condone it. Having said that, as you say the support is necessary. So support has to be put into the right direction. Negative talk is a killer I'm sure so make some changes to words you use- take out all the can't, won't, hope and but !!! Use planning, will, can, focus..

You are NOT a failure. As a person you are STRONG enough to move forward! You CAN make changes that support a healthy eating regime. You have DONE so much already. So CONGRATULATE yourself in what you have achieved so far. It's a PROUD moment. Next step, write down a small goal to achieve like- plan and manage a consistent week of achieving 1200 calories in a day with 5 fruits/veg and a wholegrain breakfast...
Something possible like that anyway. Write it plan it and if it's not something you can start today, then focus on a timescale to build up to it, makeing it realistic and achievable. Nothing can just happen today- life is time sensitive! You MUST write it all down and KNOW what your elements are, shopping, start date, duration, increments each day/week (same for planning to run a longer distance).
You WILL ACHIEVE everything you should be. You WILL post it here PROUD of yourself!
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/04/29, 06:52 PM
Anni = you are aware and you are doing great! It is alright for a day to be a little low, as long as it doesn't continue..

Sorry I wasn't around earlier, good thing there are so many people here to lend support!!!:love:

--------------
If you fall down seven times, get up eight.
Anni313
Anni313
United States
2004/04/29, 11:33 PM
Asimmer, you do so much for me. Every day that I succeed, I think of you and all the wonderful people here. And because of everyone here, I'm a success every single day.

--------------
Anni

Philia2
Philia2
France
2004/05/17, 02:17 AM

============
Quoting from anni313:

Asimmer, you do so much for me. Every day that I succeed, I think of you and all the wonderful people here. And because of everyone here, I'm a success every single day.

=============
That's beautiful words. We need to believe in ourselves to be able to succeed. I wish you all the very best luck with everything!! :love:

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
www.nme-pro.com
neverAprincess
neverAprincess
United States
2005/04/04, 06:13 PM
I totally understand..Hiding would only hurt you...having someone to unload on, in a positive way can do wonders for support. I'm proud of you! Good Job! You tried and that's all that matters..Keep it up

All my love:love:,
Ashley.