Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

torn muscle lump

asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/06/23, 01:17 PM
you want to feel for little lumps and granules and run the end of your thumb down the muscle in the direction of the fibers, like you are trying to smooth out the lumps.

Adhesions can cause some decrease in muscle function, probably not major, but it is best to try and work them out. The other thing that may be occuring is residual spasm around the injury - it is how your body protects itself when injured, like creating its own splint or cast. Only it doesn't always do agood job of un-spasming, so you need to help it with massage, and maybe ice if it feels tender or swollen after deep massage.

--------------

\\"Inscribe this on the charm that dangles from your navel, girls. Guys, tattoo this on your biceps:

Building muscle and might builds strong minds and character. Respect and humility come from lifting weights and feeding yourself with care. And from these distinguished qualities a great nation of people is built, by God. (Of course the God part is your choice, friend.)\\" Dave Draper

Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/06/23, 10:49 AM
i tore my bicep about 18 months ago, and there is a bit of a lump there, its not really noticable to anyone else andi know this is just where the muscle has repaired itself, but will it always be there?

--------------
A freetrainer is a happy trainer!

A.D.F.
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2004/06/23, 11:14 AM
It could be adhesions, and though it will hurt like an sob, you want to try and strip it out with your thumbs, like a deep tissue massage. have a massage therapist check it out, if you can.

--------------

\\"Inscribe this on the charm that dangles from your navel, girls. Guys, tattoo this on your biceps:

Building muscle and might builds strong minds and character. Respect and humility come from lifting weights and feeding yourself with care. And from these distinguished qualities a great nation of people is built, by God. (Of course the God part is your choice, friend.)\\" Dave Draper

Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/06/23, 11:18 AM
thanks, i get thumbing away. it doesnt hurt, is that still what you mean? sorry

--------------
A freetrainer is a happy trainer!

A.D.F.
Pritchard
Pritchard
United Kingdom
2004/06/25, 10:07 AM
you are indeed a fountain of knowledge and lovelyness.

--------------
I found this site whilst looking for low cost shoes.

A.D.F.