Group: Women's Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 525, Messages: 10844

A place for women to gather and share experiences, advice and information amongst themselves.

Join group

Toned or showing muscule attracitve?

ChrisYi
ChrisYi
United States
2001/07/24, 10:16 AM
I've watched movies or shows with some of my students in Taiwan. They think that the guy that has more muscle is unattractive. I think a man or a woman with a toned body or has "muscules" is attractive. What do you think?
jbennett
jbennett
United States
2001/07/24, 12:25 PM
As a man, I love the athletic looking women. Although I think its very impressive to see the acheivments of women bodybuilders, I am more attracted to the fit and trim, in-shape, Miss Fitness kind of bodies.

My wife says the same as your students about male bodybuilders. She thinks the bodytypes of Dorian Yates and Ronnie Coleman are disgusting. I just think its amazing men can get so huge!
ChrisYi
ChrisYi
United States
2001/07/25, 12:32 PM
I guess for me personally I would just feel intimidated by someone like Dorian Yates or Ronnie Coleman, because I only stand 5 feet 3 tall. So Any body who's 6 feet 5 or taller no matter the built I would have to LOOK UP TO.

But I personally admire people that put a lot of work and discipline to be able to show off their body. I think like anything that people don't know, they tend to say things without really understanding or caring about it.
tootieb
tootieb
United States
2001/07/25, 12:59 PM
I like toned women like Lisa Lowe, Renita Harris or Monica Brant. Women the size of Lenda Murray are remarkable, but loose some of their femininity. Men, some are too big, but Ronnie Coleman is beautiful.
paulz
paulz
United States
2001/07/25, 04:34 PM
chrisyi,
my wife likes the muscle tone and some body mass but thinks it looks disgusting if you are what she calls over developed. do you think hugh muscle mass looks better on men or women or pretty much the same?
spanishgirl
spanishgirl
United States
2001/07/26, 04:59 PM
Personally, I am attracted to a muscular-toned body in a man...
Although I don't find it attractive, I totally admire the massive and chiseled physiques of Coleman, Ray, and Ruhl. They have worked hard to get that...and their size is truly amazing!
Now for females, I admire bods like Brant's, Johannesen's, and Lowe's. I do agree with the previous post in that the bodybuilder's physiques do begin to lose femininity.. however, are also absolutely unbelievable!

I will end with this...

A good man is always hard to find.......................

but a hard man is always GOOD to find!! :)
ChrisYi
ChrisYi
United States
2001/07/26, 11:31 PM
I agree with Spanishgirl. I think my junior high girls haven't really had a chance to look at all the guys out there. I think in Taiwan they actually don't get a lot of opportunity to learn about fitness in general anyway.
ChrisYi
ChrisYi
United States
2001/07/26, 11:24 PM
From what I know, normally women don't really get what they call huge. I think it's not practical when they get that big, where will they buy their clothes right. I think because of the so called "norm" I think men look good "over developed". Come to think of it, they probably have a hard time finding clothes that fit too. That's a bit of my 2 cents.