Group: Injuries & Rehabilitation

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 54, Messages: 4465

Dealing with injuries and learning how to avoid them is extremely important!

Join group

Toe cramps?

ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/06/04, 08:48 AM
My wife has been having this weird thing happen in her feet. Her toes cramp up and put her in so much pain she has to quit working out.

The way that she describes it is like a really tight muscle, almost a charlie horse type thing but it happens with her toes.

She wears heels sometimes to work, tennis shoes to work out in, sandals or flip flops a lot of times outside of work/gym. I was originally thinking maybe something to do with arch support but wanted an opinion. I told her if it keeps happening to go see a podiatrist but wanted any opinions of something to try first.
2008/06/04, 09:06 AM
This will not be much help, but I used to have that problem. It would happen to me when I was relaxing and the toes and insole would cramp up, bend and get stiff. I was always in bare feet and it was at the end of a day. It was VERY painful. It seemed to happen to me when I was dehydrated.
Kay1947
Kay1947
Turkey
2008/08/05, 06:38 PM
My physio suggested that problems like this often happen with working women who wear heels then sit most of the day. Her suggestion. While sitting watching TV go barefeet and roll the foot over a tennis ball including both the arches and the edges and the toes. Breaks up and soften the muscle areas of the feet. Also do some toe exercises. Pick up a pen or a towel with the toes.

Try it its cheap and may help