Group: Specific Diets & Nutrition

Created: 2012/01/01, Members: 104, Messages: 22775

With so many diets and nutritional plans out there, you can get lost. Find out what works best for others and share your experiences!

Join group

toast vs. oatmeal for breakfast

jonnnyko
jonnnyko
United States
2008/03/07, 12:37 PM
ok, i know a lot of people say to eat oatmeal in the morning. but recently i've been eating whole grain whole wheat toast with a lil smart balance light on it. 1 piece of toast as half less calories, same amount of protein, almost 2/3 less carbs and just 1 grab of fiber per piece compared to Quakers Simple Harvest Oatmeal. Just wondering which people think is better in the morning.

--------------
Jonathan (jonnnyko@hotmail.com)
*** Nothing Is Real but Pain Now ***
asimmer
asimmer
United States
2008/03/07, 01:08 PM
Simple harvest oatmeal - is that flavoered? plain oatmeal will have less carbs and probably more fiber.

There is nothing wrong with a good whole grain bread/toast for breakfast. You could any whole grain/complex carb for breakfast as long as it fits into your eating plan. You can even afford/benefit from some simple carbs at breakfast, like a little all fruit jam or some fruit.

Be sure to include a comlete lean protein source at breakfast as well.

--------------
Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they\'re yours.
Richard Bach

ecle5c
ecle5c
United States
2008/03/07, 02:28 PM
My wife eats simple harvest. It still adds a lot of sugar and artificial sweetners. I'd say plain oatmeal over the toast.
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2008/03/07, 06:23 PM
I eat whole grain bread toasted for breakfast with low fat cottage cheese to balance the nutrients 3 out of five days. Watch out for molasses (for color)/ sugar/fructose/glucose in most whole grain breads.

--------------
Patience, persistence and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.

Ivan

Montreal Canada (City of Festivals)
BILL06
BILL06
United States
2008/03/08, 11:48 AM
Its all about low carbs for me, and high fiber... ive been loyal to oatmeal, its easy, you can add fruit ( Good fruit, low in carbs and fructose ) and its filling and helps lower cholesterol over time.... Ill usually go with toast or low carb english muffin when i have my egg white omelet or cottage cheese like ivan said, just to break up the routine of breakfast.... Remeber, protein shake in the am before workout if you are an early riser like myself, than a healthy breakfast with more protein right afterwards, seems to working great for me...

--------------
How do you feel? That is the question
But I forget.. you dont expect an easy answer
When something like a soul becomes
Initialized and folded up like paper dolls and little notes
You cant expect a bit of hope
So while youre outside looking in
Describing what you see
Remember what youre staring at is me.
----------
Get busy living or get busy dying.

Bill