Group: Under 25 Club

Created: 2011/12/31, Members: 647, Messages: 8009

Everyone 25 years of age and under are encouraged to join this group to share common goals, stories and encouragement with their goals.

Join group

Time and money

aerlingus
aerlingus
United States
2002/11/27, 08:49 PM
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem. I am currently in college living on my own, and I manage to get to the gym to lift 5 days a week and spend the other two days doing my cardio sets. However my gains are lacking, and I believe its because of my meals, I rarely manage to get the 4 meals a day i want and usually have 3 meals or even less, I use the cheapest proteins and creatines. How do you guys see gains, with out hitting my already dismall pocketbook. How much time do you guys usually get in the rack each night?

----------------------------
The only easy day was yesterday
Carivan
Carivan
Canada
2002/11/27, 09:37 PM
Try eating more.Up the protein and the carbs, also good fats
Eggwhites, tuna, lean beef, Iusually get about 8hrs in the rack.
Good luck

--------------
The trouble with jogging is that, by the time you realize you are not in shape for it, it is too far to walk back! Franklin P. Jones

Ivan Montreal Canada
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/11/27, 10:49 PM
3 meals per day will NEVER get you anywhere. YOu are starving your muscles half of the time. Your body can only store 2 out of the 3 macronutrients. Carbs and fat. So it has to get its protein from an outside source, and if it doesn't, any amino acids your body needs for any reason, guess where it goes??? Muacle tissue. You need frequent protein feedings to keep this from happening. By going through catabolism (muscle tissue breakdown) 5 times a week in the gym, you have to feed your muscles to repair them. Your muscles do not grow in the gym. Eat some protein every 3 hours. Buy a bag of chicken breasts and cook them up in advance. Cottage cheese, eggs, are relatively inexpensive. Along with cans of tuna, salmon, etc.

--------------
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!
Philia2
Philia2
France
2002/11/28, 02:07 AM
I know that eggs can get a sickening after a while lol but it's cheap and a great source of proteins!

Also buy some nuts and almonds on chew on them between the classes.

--------------
- Nina :o) Les Victoires éternelles sont celles du coeur.
Firehawk734
Firehawk734
United States
2002/11/28, 02:22 AM
I eat 8 egg whites in the morning and i mix it up with salsa. It is awesome.
effalunt
effalunt
Canada
2002/11/28, 01:20 PM
I'm also a full time student. I live alone, and my budget doesn't have much stretch. Chicken breasts are insanely expensive. You can usually get turkey breasts for less than chicken. I find that my biggest problem is attempting to get to the gym as much as I should. I go for 5 classes straight, so it's really hard for me to get all the proper meals in, too. Try tuna or turkey in a pita (fewer carbs than bread) I've spoken to several of my profs, and they don't mind me eating in class if there's a good reason for it. I also have an evening job, which cuts into both my gym and sleep time. Despite all the problems, things are still going pretty well. However, being female, the kind of muscles I want to build are probably a little different from the ones you're after.

--------------
Think you can or think you can't; either way you're right--Goethe
Firehawk734
Firehawk734
United States
2002/11/28, 07:25 PM
I use myoplex. Its a shake u can mix up with water. Bring a closeable jug with you to the class, open up that myoplex, get about 15 oz of water from the drinkin fountain, and shake it up for 30 seconds. It tastes pretty good, and its got all the vitamins u need. Its meant as a meal replacement. 300 calories, 42g protein.
I use that during school time. Dont buy this at GNC though, its real expensive there.

www.vitaglo.com usually has good prices, about 55 bucks for 42 packs. Thats about 1.60 per meal, which u cant beat grocery shopping.
bb1fit
bb1fit
United States
2002/11/30, 12:59 AM
This is where MRP's can shine also. They are relatively inexpensive per meal, and can be used practically anywhere with a shaker cup and water in a matter of minutes. As Firehawk says, each MRP, whichever brand you use, the price comes out very cheap for decent, quick, nutrition.

--------------
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary!